Language Packs for Windows 10
You can download and install additional languages for Windows 10 to view menus, dialog boxes, and other user interface items in your preferred language using the Language Control Panel.
How to install a language pack on Windows 10
First, check if the language is listed under Preferred languages. If it is listed but doesn’t appear on the Windows display language list, you’ll need to install its language pack, when available.
- Go to Start > Settings > Time & language > Region & language.
- Choose a language from Preferred languages, and then select Add a language.
- Choose the language pack you need and click Next.
- Check the language features and select Install from the language pack option.
- After the language pack is installed, Restart your computer.
Windows 7 users can download language packs in two ways:
- Using Windows Update: Language packs installed using Windows Update provide a fully translated version of Windows dialog boxes, menu items, and help content.
- Using the links on this Microsoft official page.
Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows RT can download and install language packs by using the Language Control Panel or Download Center.
Here is are two complete guides to help you install a multilingual user interface package on your Windows PC:
- How to Install Cortana Language Packs in Windows 10
- How to download and install MUI packs for Windows 10
Fix Language packs issues
- [FIX] Language Pack Doesn’t Work in Windows 10, 8.1
- Additional language packs prevent Windows 10 build from downloading
- Windows 10 Mobile build fixes Language and Speech pack download issue
Related news articles on Language Packs
- These features have been removed in Windows 10 April Update
- You can soon download language packs for Windows via Microsoft Store
- Windows 10 Mobile Gets New Language Packs and Keyboards
- Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update packs 140 new features
Microsoft is back again with another major feature update. The tech giant officially released Windows 10 May 2019 Update a few days ago. The big […]
Windows 10 users can now download the stable version of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (aka Windows v1903). This update brings some unique features and […]
With the Windows 10 version 1903 barely upon us, some issues seem to come up more than others. A part of them are affecting the […]