How can I fix Windows 10 language pack issues?
- Run SFC
- Delete temporary Internet files
- Install a fresh copy of Windows 10, 8.1
- Run DISM
- Update your OS
Are you having trouble downloading and installing Windows 8 or Windows 10 language packs? In this case, check out the tutorial below to learn how you can easily fix your Windows 10 language pack if it doesn’t work. All this will only take 5 minutes of your time.
When Windows 8 or Windows 10 users try to download a new Language pack for a specific language, the download progress bar basically freezes and gives you an error message. This issue is not very common but it prevents you from installing the language you wish on to your operating system.
How to fix language pack install stuck in Windows 10
1. Run SFC
- Move the mouse over to the upper right side of the screen.
- Left click on the “Search” feature.
- Write in the search box the following “Command Prompt”.
- After the search is finished right click on the “Command Prompt” icon and select the “Run as administrator” feature.
- Left click or tap on “Yes” if you get a window from user account controls.
- Write in the “Command Prompt” window the following line: “sfc /scannow” but without the quotes.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- Let the scan complete.
- Reboot your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
- Try and see if you can download and install your language pack now.
2. Delete temporary Internet files
- Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “C”.
- After the Charms bar has opened up, you need to left click or tap on the “Search” feature.
- You will get to an “Apps” window.
- Left click or tap on the “Control Panel” icon.
- In the “Control Panel” window, left click on “Internet Options”.
- Left click or tap on the “General” tab you have in the upper side of the “Internet Options” window.
- Left click or tap on the “Delete” button you have there.
- Now in the new window that shows, you will need to check the box next to: “Temporary Internet files and website files” and “Cookies and website data”.
- Left click or tap on the “Delete” button in the lower side if the window.
- Reboot the Windows 8, Windows 10 device.
- Try and see if your Language Pack will work after the restart of the operating system.
3. Install a fresh copy of Windows 10, 8.1
Now, this is a more extreme method, but if you did not solve your Language pack issue by following the options above, then if you want a specific language pack installed, I suggest you do it with a fresh copy of Windows 8 or Windows 10.
This means that you should reinstall your Windows operating system once more on your system and install the language pack of your choosing afterwards.
For more information on how to install a fresh copy of Windows 10, you can check out these guides:
- The Refresh Windows tool reinstalls Windows without ISO
- How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a SSD
- How to Reinstall Windows 10
Note: If the Language pack download or installation is interrupted for any kind of reason, it will not work a second time. So, be very careful after your reinstall your operating system so that you’re download or install process won’t close accidentally.
4. Run DISM
If you don’t want to use complex solutions such as solution number 3, you can try to run DISM. Launch Command Prompt (Admin), type the following commands and hit Enter after each one:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
5. Update your OS
Some users confirmed that installing the latest Windows 10 version on their computers helped them fix this problem — at least partially. So, if you haven’t checked for updates in quite a while, go to Settings > Update & Security and hit the Check for updates button.
For any other questions or thoughts on this subject, you can use the comments section below and we will offer your further support on this issue.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Additional language packs prevent Windows 10 build from downloading
- SOLVED: Windows 10 switches keyboard language on its own
- 5 best language training software for Windows