- What can be more relaxing at the end of a busy day than reading your favorite manga series on the sofa?
- Manga is a type of comic book very popular among children, teenagers, and adults alike.
- You can successfully use Adobe Acrobat Reader to read your favorite manga series alongside all the other tools covered in this guide.
- For more useful guides, visit our file management hub.
If love manga and technology, you can now combine these two hobbies of yours. You can read and organize your favorite manga magazines on your Windows 10 PC using dedicated manga reader apps.
There are more than 80 manga apps in the Windows Store, and choosing the right app for you is not an easy task. Of course, you can use the good old trial-and-error process and test all the apps from the Store, but you’ll lose precious time. If you want to know what the best Windows 10 manga reader apps are, check out our list of nominees.
The best manga viewers for Windows 10
Adobe Reader is a popular tool that you can use to view, edit, or convert PDF files. But did you know you can also use this versatile tool to read your favorite manga series?
To set things straight from the very beginning, you need to download your manga series in a PDF format to be able to view them using Adobe Reader. Most manga websites allow users to select the format they want to download their mangas so this should not be an issue. Moreover, PDF is becoming more and more popular among manga fans thanks to Adobe Reader — a free and easy to use PDF viewer software.
Keep in mind that Adobe Reader cannot open mangas saved under various comic book formats such as CBR, CBZ, CBT, CB7, or CBA. Use the tools listed in this guide to open comic books.
QUICK TIP: If you want to draw and create your own mangas, use Adobe Illustrator.
Manga Blaze is the most popular Windows 10 manga reader app in the Windows Store and for a good reason. This app is reliable, fast and is affected by very few issues. Manga Blaze allows you to read, organize, and keep track of your favorite manga titles.
A series of useful features allow you to progress tracking, quickly resume reading from where you left off, and receive notifications when new chapters are available.
You can also download your favorite chapters and enjoy reading them offline. Manga Blaze relies on multiple manga sources in six languages: English, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, and Portuguese.
Other features include:
- Browse each source by applying various filtering criteria (genre, release year, status, alphabetical)
- Update all your favorites or just a part of them
- Backup your data and easily restore it if you need to
- Bookmark specific pages, so that you can quickly get back to them.
- No ads
- You can disable the safe content filter
- Custom images can be set as backgrounds in various parts of the app.
Manga Z is one of the best manga reader apps for Windows 10. The reading experience has been specially designed for manga fans. When using this app, you’ll feel like you’re browsing a real manga magazine.
Manga Z allows you to read manga while downloading the rest of the series in the background. You can also read manga when you’re offline an keep track of your favorite manga series using the Favorites feature. Notifications inform you when new manga chapters are available so that you never miss any chapter.
Other features include:
- History to let you track manga series you have read
- Unread indicators tell you where to continue from where you have left off
- Search for your manga series by name, author and genre
- Top 500 popular view with “cover flow”
- No ads while you are reading your manga.
You can download Manga Z for free from the Windows Store.
Manga Comics lets you read and download thousands of manga titles from more than 20 popular manga sources for free. The manga series offered by this app are available in 8 languages: English, Vietnamese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian and Chinese.
Manga Comics supports 4 reading modes: vertical single page, horizontal single page, vertical continuous page and horizontal continuous page, and 4 reading directions: left to right, right to left, top to bottom and bottom to top.
Other features include:
- List manga by popularity or alphabetical order
- Pin manga or chapters to the Start screen
- Filter titles by category, status
- Sync data across multiple devices running Manga Comics
- Preload the next chapters
- Bookmark a chapter page.
You can download Manga Comics for free from the Windows Store.
Manga Tree supports today’s most popular manga scanlations. You can read the latest chapters of your favorite manga titles, bookmark pages to read later, pin your favorite manga titles to the home screen, and more.
You can browse and search thousands of manga titles, and create a list of your favorite manga series to browse and read.
You can read in portrait or landscape and customize the settings so as to get tile and push notifications when new chapters are available from your favorite and pinned manga titles. You can also download manga chapters for offline reading.
Download Manga Tree for free from the Windows Store.
Manga Bird offers more han 3000 manga titles you can read and download for free. The app has a very well designed interface for the best reading experience. Just like the apps listed before, Manga Bird supports notifications of new chapter releases, and allows you to bookmark your favorite manga titles.
You can also customize the reading orientation and background colors. However, many users complain about the exaggerated ad size from the reader page, accusing the developers they use this strategy on purpose to force users to pay more for the app.
You can download Manga Bird for free from the Windows Store.
FAQ: Learn more about manga viewers
- How do you read manga books?
Original Japanese manga books and ebooks are read from right to left. All the elements, including the word bubbles and the action are written from right to left.
- Should I read the manga before the anime?
Oftentimes, the manga is released before the anime and you can read the manga first to dive into the original story. Many new mangas don’t even get to have an anime adaptation so reading the manga first is a great idea.
- What is the best selling manga of all times?
The best selling manga series of all times is One Piece, having sold over 473 million copies.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2016 and has since been updated for freshness and accuracy.