- Bluetooth plays an important role in our lives today, but sometimes, its settings are nowhere to be found according to some users.
- Use Device Manager to update the driver if more Bluetooth options are missing. Read on the find the right steps.
- Also, if the Bluetooth support service is missing in Windows 10, follow the instructions listed below to enable it manually.
- You should download the driver from the manufacturer’s site, if the Bluetooth support service is missing. Keep reading for more details!
Bluetooth is used to connect all kinds of devices to your computer. It could be your keyboard, mouse, phone, headphones and so many more.
What to do if Bluetooth settings are missing on Windows 10?
- Re-enable the Bluetooth driver software
- Check whether Bluetooth Support service is on
- Install the default drivers
- Check whether the drivers are up to date
- Download the Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer’s site
- Alternate Boot into safe and normal mode
- Enable Bluetooth on taskbar
- Use the Bluetooth troubleshooter
1. Re-enable the Bluetooth driver software
- Press the Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.
- In the Bluetooth section, right-click on the Bluetooth Driver Software.
- Choose Disable device and click YES to confirm.
- After it has finished, right-click on the driver again and choose Enable device.
First off, you’re going to disable your Bluetooth driver using the Device Manager feature, and then you’ll enable it back on. Also, if you can’t add Bluetooth device to Windows 10, take a closer look at our dedicated guide.
2. Check whether Bluetooth Support service is on
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type service.msc and press OK.
- Navigate to Bluetooth support service and double-click on it.
- Start the service by clicking the start button.
- Set the Start up type as Automatic.
If Bluetooth support is disabled, this may explain why your Bluetooth Settings are missing on your computer.
So, make sure that Bluetooth support is active. If this is not the case, follow the instructions listed above to enable it manually.
3. Install the default drivers
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Expand the Bluetooth category.
- Right-click on the Bluetooth hardware and select Uninstall.
- Right-click on the empty space and select Scan for hardware changes.
- Your PC will automatically install the default drivers.
- Restart the PC.
- Open the Bluetooth category again, and check if the driver has been successfully installed.
4. Check whether the drivers are up to date
- Launch Device Manager again, and go to Bluetooth.
- Right-click on the device, and select Update driver.
- Opt for Automatic (Search automatically for updated driver software).
Note: If you cannot find any drivers automatically, please try the next solution.
5. Download the Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer’s site
- Download the driver from the manufacturer’s site for Windows 10.
- Right-click on the driver setup file and click on Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab, and check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
- Select Windows 10 from the drop-down menu, and proceed with the installation.
- Restart your PC.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
6. Alternate Boot into safe and normal mode
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- Go to the Boot tab and put a check on Safe Boot.
- Reboot the PC – once in Safe mode, the drivers should install automatically.
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- Go to the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot.
- Boot back into normal mode.
Some users said that alternating between Safe Boot and Normal Mode fixed the problem.
7. Enable Bluetooth on taskbar
- Press Windows key + S.
- Type Bluetooth in the dialogue box.
- Select Bluetooth and other device settings.
- Choose More Bluetooth options.
- Check the box Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area.
- Press apply to save changes.
Also, if Bluetooth is not detecting or recognizing devices in Windows 10, you may want to take a closer look at our comprehensive guide and fix it with ease.
8. Use the Bluetooth troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key in order to open the Start menu.
- Type troubleshooting in the search box.
- Click on the Troubleshooting tab.
- Select the option Hardware and Device.
- Click Next to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter.
So, if your Bluetooth Settings are still unavailable, try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
We hope that one of the solutions described above helped you solve your problem. For more suggestions, please access the comments section below.
In order to check if the issue has been solved, please press the Windows key + I and check if the Bluetooth option is there.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the Bluetooth settings disappeared in Windows 10, take a closer look at our dedicated guide to fix this issue with ease.
If you can’t add a Bluetooth device to Windows 10, check out our dedicated guide to this matter and fix it in no time.
To reinstall the Bluetooth driver in Windows 10, you must first uninstall it. Take a look at our dedicated guide to learn how to uninstall Bluetooth driver like a pro.