Microsoft releases Windows 10 Preview build 14328 for PC and Mobile
Microsoft recently released the new build 14328 for both Windows 10 Preview and Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview. The build is just a few days newer than the previous Windows 10 Mobile build, so it doesn’t bring any notable features. On the other hand, the PC versions received a lot of new improvements and enhancements.
Windows 10 Preview build 14328 for PC includes following features:
- Windows Ink
- Updated Start Experience
- Tablet mode improvements
- Cortana & Search Improvements
- Improvements to Action Center & Notifications
- Updates to the Taskbar
- Updates to the Settings app
- Switching desktops with the touchpad
- Lock screen Improvements
- Updated Credential & UAC Dialog UI
- Updated Skype UWP Preview app
- Updated File Explorer icon
- File Explorer Unpinned from the Taskbar
- Japanese IME Improvements
We can say that this build is probably the feature-richest Windows 10 Preview build so far. There are so many new features to try, and we’re sure that Insiders will enjoy exploring them. Unless some occasional errors occur, which could be annoying.
Speaking of errors, Microsoft also released its traditional list of known issues and what’s been fixed in this released. You can check out the list below:
“Here’s what’s fixed for PC
- We fixed the issue causing the Visual Studio emulator for Windows 10 Mobile and Hololens to fail with “An authentication error has occurred. The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted”. Developers should be able to use the emulator on this build.
- We fixed the issue causing the Xbox One Controller to lag and become hard to use when connected to your PC.
- We fixed an issue where the two factor authentication dialog wasn’t formatted correctly after an error is received.
- When you open a second app in tablet mode, it will appear side-by-side with the first app (split-screen). When you close one of these apps, it should become full screen.
- We fixed an issue where default column widths for Task Manager were too narrow on high DPI devices.
- We fixed an issue where restarting your PC might become stuck on “Restarting…” screen rather than prompting “Are you sure you want to Restart?” when unsaved work is present.
- We’ve updated the Shutdown Windows dialog to use a modern icon.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t see the Chinese Input Method Editor candidate list while in full screen mode for games, as well as resolved an issue where using it in the Settings search box would cause Settings to crash
- We fixed an issue that might result in a notification that cannot be dismissed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in overlapped icons and clipped text in File Explorer when display is using a very large font size.
- We fixed an issue causing Quicken to not launch. However, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Quicken to get out of a bad state.
Known issues for PC
- After upgrading to this build, there may be some cases in which when your PC enters Connected Standby, it may have a bluescreen (bugcheck). For more information on how to mitigate this issue if this happens to you – see this forum post.
- We are continuing to make changes to our extension datastore schema in Microsoft Edge. As a result, after updating to this build any extensions installed in Microsoft Edge will be removed. You can reinstall these extensions to get them back.
- Feedback Hub is not localized and the UI will be in English (U.S.) only, even with language packs installed.
- Feedback Hub takes about 20-30 minutes after updating to this build to download and hydrate itself. If Feedback Hub is not fully hydrated, if you receive a mini-survey notification it will take you nowhere in the app, search in Feedback Hub won’t show results, and if you click to go to Feedback Hub from another app or setting, Feedback will not open.
- The Desktop App Converter Preview (Project Centennial) will fail to run on the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328. If you are a developer utilizing the converter tool to convert your desktop app to UWP, we suggest skipping Build 14328 until we can fix this issue.
- All Tencent online games no longer work in current builds from the Development Branch.
- The updated UAC UI (mentioned above) breaks the ALT + Y keyboard shortcut to choose “yes”.
- If you are in an app and click on a link with a URL longer than 260 characters, it will bring up the “Open with…” dialog instead of opening with your default browser.
- We are aware of situations in which Groove Music will crash on launch at the splash screen and working to get a fix out soon. As a workaround, you can use Groove Music online.
- Playing music in the Groove Music within 2 minutes after logging into your PC will result in 0xc10100ae playback errors. If you wait more than 2 minutes after logging in to play music in Groove Music you will avoid this issue.
- In Microsoft Edge, some large downloads may appear to get stuck at 99% completion. You can work around this issue by renaming the file in your downloads after closing Microsoft Edge. This workaround skips security checks on the file, so it should be used only with files from a trusted source.
- If you have BitLocker/Device Encryption enabled and try go back to a previous Insider Preview build via “Go back to an earlier build” under Settings > Update & security > Recovery – the app will crash and you will be unable to rollback. To work around this issue, disable BitLocker/Device Encryption and try again.
- Settings will crash if you try to pin one of the pages to Start, resulting in page not being pinned
- You may see square boxes in certain apps when using some of the new emoji – we’re still getting things set up, this will be resolved in a future build.
- If you upgraded from 14316, you may see stuck apps in the Store. Those apps will also be duplicated in Start’s all apps list (one real, one pending). To resolve this: 1) Start downloading some other app. 2) Pause the download, then go to the downloads and update view. 3) Click the “Resume All” button. Once everything has downloaded, the issue should be resolved.”
We’re going to talk more about this release in our next posts today. Until then, if you already installed the build, and encountered some issues, feel free to let us know in the comments, so we can write a report about them.
Windows 10 is an amazing operating system with many features and great versatility. No matter what peripherals are you trying to connect to it, even […]
The Sync function offered by the Windows Media Player allows the users to sync their favorite tracks between the PC and the smartphone. Sometimes, the […]