Windows 10 build 14366 now available to Insiders, kicks off Anniversary Update June Bug Bash
Just a week after releasing the previous Windows 10 Preview build, Microsoft is now pushing a new one. Build 1436 is available to Insiders on the Fast Ring on both Windows 10 Preview and Window 10 Mobile Insider Preview.
The release of the new build is not a surprise. Dona Sarkar, the new head of the Insider program, promised last week that a new build would be released soon with the aim of kicking off the Windows 10 Anniversary Update June Bug Bash.
This month’s Bug Bash is now live and will last until Sunday. During this period, users will be able to participate in various quests posted by Microsoft in order to test Windows 10 features and provide detailed feedback to the company.
Over the course of next four days, Microsoft will be publishing multiple Quests to Feedback Hub that focus on a different aspect of the system each day. Quests will be divided into two categories:
- LIMITED TIME Quests: Quests marked as “LIMITED TIME” will expire within 24hrs of being published so make sure you get to these before the time runs out and they’re replaced with new Quests.
- ADVANCED Quests: Quests marked as “ADVANCED” are more technical and may require changing the system configuration on your device and require an understanding on how to revert the changes after the Quest is done. You should only perform Quests that you feel comfortable doing, if something goes wrong you’ll need to be able to troubleshoot how to get back to a good state on your PC.”
Just as we predicted, with the Anniversary Update near, Microsoft is now heavily focused on improving the system and fixing all possible issues. Therefore, Microsoft won’t release any major new features in the future builds in order to have as stable operating system as possible when it finally arrives for all Windows 10 users.
New features and improvements in Windows 10 Preview build 14366
Although new features are not the highlight of the new Windows 10 Preview build, Microsoft actually introduced a few with this release.
The biggest addition is the introduction of the Office Online extension for Microsoft Edge. Users who install this extension will be able to view, edit, and create new Office files within the browser. What’s even better about this feature is that it doesn’t require Office installed on your computer.
The second addition is a minor update for the Windows Store. The new build brings the Windows Store to the version 11606.1000.43.0 and mainly enhances overall performance and fixes some known bugs. Microsoft didn’t release detailed information about the new Store update, though.
Just like we do with every new Windows 10 Preview release, we’re going to write an article with reported issues in build 14366. If you’ve already installed the new build and have encounered some issues, please feel free to let us know in the comments and we’ll make sure to include your complaint in our report.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft updates Blu Ray and Wi-Fi icons in Windows 10
- Microsoft to release Windows 10 Mobile version of Authenticator app
- Microsoft’s new Xbox plan is underway, Sony unable to counter
Microsoft recently hosted an AMA session on Reddit and encouraged users to ask questions about the upcoming version of Microsoft Edge. The tech giant announced […]
Microsoft already announced its upcoming Chromium Edge browser for Windows 10 and macOS users. However, Linux users are also waiting in the queue. Redditors recently […]
Travian Legends is an online real-time strategy game that had been released in 2004 by software developer Travian Games. The game is played online, directly […]