The recently launched Your Phone app has gained huge popularity among Windows 10 users within a short span of time.
Users can directly use their desktop to access messages and photos that are stored on their phones’ memory.
The good news is that you can now share web content from your Windows 10 computer to Android devices.
Microsoft has made it possible on Windows 10 systems by implementing a Native share option in Your Phone app. More browsers are expected to support the feature in the next few months.
Steps to share content from PC to Android phone
You need to follow the step by step procedure to Share content from a Windows 10 PC to an Android Phone via Your Phone app.
- You first need to pair your Android device to your Windows 10 PC. The pairing can be done with the help of the Share to Phone feature.
- Next, open Microsoft Edge browser and navigate to the specific page that you are interested in sharing with an Android device.
- In Microsoft Edge, look at the right side of the URL bar and tap on the share icon.
- You will see a list of apps that can be used for sharing content.
- The link can now be shared by clicking on the Your Phone app to your Android device.
- Last but not the least, the link will be opened on your Android device in Microsoft Edge browser.
An Android notification will inform users that they can now see the content that has been shared on their Android devices. They can view the content in Edge browser simply by tapping on the notifications.
This feature is a major breakthrough for Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge browser. Windows 10 and Android users can now use the upcoming Edge browser to share content in just a few seconds.
In other words, this can be a major success factor for the browser .
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to use Picture in Picture mode in Chromium Edge
- Chromium-based Edge lets you download Chrome Store extensions