The best photo album software to use on Windows 10
The days of physical photo albums ended when photo album software became the norm. However, digital photo management applications, including the built-in photo album software for Windows 10, have also ushered in a huge problem to users: large volumes of photos.
Storing thousands of images on your device can clutter up your laptop, hard disk, flash drives, cloud storage, and mobile devices. That means searching for pictures taken a few months or years ago can be a daunting task.
On top of that, there’s also the issue of duplicate photos that you must handle. This post aims to help you select the best photo album software for your Windows 10 PC.
The best photo album software to download
Magix Photo Story Deluxe (recommended)
Magix Photo Story Deluxe allows you to import photos directly from your camera, apply minor changes, create slideshows, and share them with friends and family. The tool has custom albums and flexible view/management modes to let you find photos and videos quickly. You can also highlight your photos using the clearly laid-out slideshow monitor and the user interface with its dark colors.
The application has an automatic face recognition feature to detect people’s faces. The free version of Magix Photo Story Deluxe lets you save up to 10 people.
If you are looking for photos of summer or landscapes, the program also analyzes image content including colors and shapes to look for similar photos.
Magix Photo Story Deluxe also lets you sort your photos according to thematic categories, such as night scenes or beach photos. You can also rate your images to sort them according to their importance and quality.
Additionally, you can back up your photos to CD, DVD. You can also import and optimize uncompressed image data from more than 590 camera models.
- Buy now Magix from the official website
The full version of Adobe Bridge is free to download and use forever without having to pay for a premium subscription. The application provides integrated access to your files for creative projects. It allows you to batch edit photos, organize personal and team assets, set color preferences, and add watermarks. Its features include:
- Support for Retina and HIDPI displays with the ability to scale
- Automated cache management
- Ability to quickly organize and stack panoramic and HDR images
- On-demand thumbnail and metadata generation
- Option to import photos and videos from your mobile device or digital camera on Mac OS
- Flexible batch processing
- Drag-and-drop file flexibility
- Centralized color settings
You can download Adobe Bridge from the Adobe website.
The Nikon ViewNX-I photo album software borrows heavily from the ViewNX 2 software. It features enhanced usability for various functions, including the Photo Tray for temporary file storage from various folders and smooth operation when printing still images. ViewNX-i works with the Capture NX-D that lets you make detailed adjustments to still images, and ViewNX-Movie Editor that provides movie editing services. Its features include:
- Tabs allow quick switching of workspaces, Browse, Map and Web.
- Output Bar realizes instant access to convenient functions such as image editing with Capture NX-D, movie editing with ViewNX-Movie Editor, printing and uploading of images.
- A variety of display options are comfortably usable according to your applications, such as vertical and horizontal display of thumbnails and multiple-monitor display.
- Shooting information display similar to that of a D-SLR lets you confirm the data easily.
- Photo Tray function that allows users to temporarily store still image/movie files from various folders.
- Smooth uploading of files to Facebook, YouTube and NIKON IMAGE SPACE.
- Flexible RAW processing and image adjustment using Capture NX-D that can be directly accessed from ViewNX-i.
- Still images adjusted with Capture NX-D can be displayed with ViewNX-i, and sidecar file format is fully supported.
- Sidecar file format is also supported for movie files.
- ViewNX-Movie Editor movie-editing software, that can be handled easily even if it is for the first time, enables creating, trimming or saving combined movies at high speed.
You can download the program from Nikon for free.
Microsoft Photos is among the best tools to organize, edit, and share all your photos. It stores photos and videos from all your devices, enhances them to make photos look better, and organizes them into albums for you.
- Brings together photos from all your devices in one place using OneDrive.
- Browse through your photo collection by date, album, or folder.
- Create your own albums, view your albums from OneDrive, and share albums.
- Albums are created for you automatically, and you can edit them to add a personal touch (PC only).
- Enhances your photos with improvements to lighting, color, contrast, red-eye, straightening, and more. Compare the enhanced image to your original to see what you like best.
- A range of editing tools let you do everything from basic fixes to vignette framing, filters, and other effects.
- One app for both PC and mobile, adjusts to give you the best view for each device.
The app can be had from the Windows Store.
Pictomio is a software application designed to help you manage, categorize, locate, and archive files. It also allows you to generate animated 2D and 3D slideshows. The Pictomio software comprises a photo browser, slideshow editor, and slideshow viewer. Its features include:
- Image Management. Pictomio easily manages thousands of media intensive images and video archives and groups your media according to orientation, time, type, size, rating, etc.
- Video Management. Finally a tool to directly manage your videos. Along with viewing Thumbnails you can also rotate and zoom video.
- Library. With the Library you can display photos by the date taken and EXIF values (e.g. type of camera) as well as sorted by category and album.
- EXIF Editor. With the integrated EXIF editor (Exchangeable image file format) you can see, edit and save the meta data of JPEG files.
- 3D folder. The 3D folder symbol previews the folder’s contents. You can also display all your pictures in fast-forward.
- Albums and Categories. Albums and categories are virtual folders which you can use to arrange your pictures regardless of their location on the hard drive. Example album: “My best vacation pictures.”
- 3D Image Carousel. Browse through your pictures With the visually engaging 3D picture Carousel. The direction of motion can be controlled by the mouse.
- Slide Show. Pictomio simplifies the production of slide shows for you by using a drag-and-drop interface. By Using the capabilities of 3D graphics cards you can also integrate elaborate page transitions.
- Tools. Web designers will find the color pipette and the measuring tool helpful in determining color values from pixels and measuring a section of an image.
- Image Rating. Using dynamic controls you have access to comprehensive rating and filter functions.
- Liquid-Zoom. Smooth High quality zooming using Mip levels for the reduction of aliasing lets you easily zoom in on your images. The bilineare filtering can be deactivated in order to see exact image details down to the pixel.
- pictoGEO. Use pictoGEO to link your digital photos to location information. This allows you to view the location where you took the picture on a map.
- Import Wizard. Pictomio’s easy-to-use import dialog box guides you through the application step-by-step.
- 3D Trips. pictoGEO not only manages your images but your trips as well. These are displayed in 3D including information on altitude and distance.
- Map View. Trips and images including GPS information are shown on maps and can be edited afterwards.
- Photo communities. Share your favorite photos with the rest of the world: Pictomio offers support for picasa, flickr, ImageShack, facebook, and photobucket.
- Manual geotagging. With Pictomio getting a GPS fix for your images is a snap. The coordinates are stored as EXIF information if requested.
- Trip view. Highlight: whether you are traveling on a plane, in your car, on your bicycle or on foot, pictGEO will not only show you the exact location where you pictures were taken but also the distance you have covered on your journey. Archive every meter you cover on your next vacation so that you will be able to track exactly where you went many years from now.
- Trip management. You can integrate the routes you recorded into one or several virtual trips. You have the option of showing or hiding specific routes (e.g. only your flight) and view routes in more detail.
Do you know of other useful photo album software for Windows 10? Let us know!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 best photo management and editing software for Windows 10
- Top 7 photo viewer software for Windows 10
- Windows 10 Photos app gets a new interface and interesting new features
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]