- As people tend to keep more and more information on their digital devices, creating and managing your photo albums are not an exception, so you can store and organzie now on your laptotop all your memories
- Digital photo albums allow you to batch process, sort, import and edit photos from mobile device on your laptop, so you can share them with your family and friends
- We anticipated your curiosity for discovering effective photo album tools, so we are sure below options will meet your expectations
- There are a lot more interesting articles that you can find about managing, editing and organizing your photos on our Digital Photo Software hub
The days of physical photo albums ended when photo album software became the norm.
However, digital photo management applications, including the built-in photo album software for Windows 10, have also ushered in a huge problem to users: large volumes of photos.
Storing thousands of images on your device can clutter up your laptop, hard disk, flash drives, cloud storage, and mobile devices. That means searching for pictures taken a few months or years ago can be a daunting task.
On top of that, there’s also the issue of duplicate photos that you must handle. This post aims to help you select the best photo album software for your Windows 10 PC.
What is the best photo album software to use on Windows 10?
Adobe Bridge (recommended)
The full version of Adobe Bridge is free to download and use forever without having to pay for a premium subscription. The application provides integrated access to your files for creative projects.
It allows you to batch edit photos, organize personal and team assets, set color preferences, and add watermarks. Its features include:
- Support for Retina and HIDPI displays with the ability to scale
- Automated cache management
- Ability to quickly organize and stack panoramic and HDR images
- On-demand thumbnail and metadata generation
- Option to import photos and videos from your mobile device or digital camera on Mac OS</li>
- Flexible batch processing
- Drag-and-drop file flexibility
- Centralized color settings
Magix Photo Story Deluxe
Magix Photo Story Deluxe allows you to import photos directly from your camera, apply minor changes, create slideshows, and share them with friends and family.
The tool has custom albums and flexible view/management modes to let you find photos and videos quickly. You can also highlight your photos using the clearly laid-out slideshow monitor and the user interface with its dark colors.</p>
The application has an automatic face recognition feature to detect people’s faces. The free version of Magix Photo Story Deluxe lets you save up to 10 people.
If you are looking for photos of summer or landscapes, the program also analyzes image content including colors and shapes to look for similar photos.
Magix Photo Story Deluxe also lets you sort your photos according to thematic categories, such as night scenes or beach photo>s. You can also rate your images to sort them according to their importance and quality.
Additionally, you can back up your photos to CD, DVD. You can also import and optimize uncompressed image data from more than 590 camera models.
- Buy now Magix from the official website
The Nikon ViewNX-I photo album software borrows heavily from the ViewNX 2 software.
It features enhanced usability for various functions, including the Photo Tray for temporary file storage from various folders and smooth operation when printing still images.
ViewNX-i works with the Capture NX-D that lets you make detailed adjustments to still images, and ViewNX-Movie Editor that provides movie editing services.</p>
Its features include:
- Tabs allow quick switching of workspaces, Browse, Map and Web.
- Output Bar realizes instant access to convenient functions such as image editing with Capture NX-D, movie editing with ViewNX-Movie Editor, printing and uploading of images.
- A variety of display options are comfortably usable according to your applications, such as vertical and horizontal display of thumbnails and multiple-monitor display.
- Shooting information display similar to that of a D-SLR lets you confirm the data easily.
- Photo Tray function that allows users to temporarily store still image/movie files from various folders.
- Smooth uploading of files to Facebook, YouTube and NIKON IMAGE SPACE.
- Flexible RAW processingan> and image adjustment using Capture NX-D that can be directly accessed from ViewNX-i
- Still images adjusted with Capture NX-D can be displayed with ViewNX-i, and sidecar file format is fully supported.
- Sidecar file format is also supported for movie files.
ViewNX-Movie Editor movie-editing software, that can be handled easily even if it is for the first time, enables creating, trimming or saving combined movies at high speed.
You can download the program from Nikon for free.
Photo Album Software FAQ:
- What is the best photo album software?
One of the best photo album software is definitely Adobe Bridge, because it has a lot of practical and useful features for batch sorting, editing, importing and organizing your photo album. Moreover, Adobe Bridge is free so you have to go for it!
- How do I create a photo album in Windows 10?
It is simple to create a photo album in Windows 10 Photo Apps:
- Open the Photos app
- Go to Albums section, from the left pane
- Click on the ‘plus’ button in the upper-right part of the screen
- Select photos you want to include in the album
- Click on the check mark icon to create your album
- Give your album a name
- Where does Windows 10 Photos app store albums?
After opening Photos app, go to the left pane where you can click on your created “Albums” and where you can find photos that you chose fit for this album.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you’re interested in other video software products, check out our wide collection of guides.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in May 2017 and was revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.