Fix Start Menu issues using the Windows 10 Start Menu Troubleshooter
Many Windows 10 users have reported Start Menu bugs lately, that ranged from unresponsive Start Menu problems to missing Start Menu issues. Insiders have also been plagued by these issues as many reported that the Start Menu remained unresponsive on build 14366.
Hearing its users’ distress, Microsoft rolled out a Start Menu Troubleshooter that will automatically fix all these issues. This tool checks if the Start Menu and Cortana applications are installed correctly, and repairs all the errors it detects.
The Start Menu issues could also be caused by registry key permission bugs, corrupted tile database, or by app manifest corruption issues. After scanning your system, the Start Menu Troubleshooter displays a list with all the possible actions it can take, and you can also choose to fix the detected issues manually.
If no issues have been detected, the tool display the following message: “Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem”.
How to use the Start Menu Troubleshooter:
- Download the tool from Microsoft’s page.
- Click on the .exe file to run it.
- To automatically apply the fixes, select Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically.
- Click on Next and wait for the tool to finish the scanning process.
- If you want to see the areas checked and repaired by the tool, select the View detailed information link.
If the troubleshooter can’t find any issues, but you can’t still access the Start Menu, you may want to try out the fixes described in our Start Menu fix article. We managed to find 11 different solutions for those annoying Start Menu problems and we’re sure one of them will work for you.
In case the Start Menu disappears altogether, you can update the graphics card driver, uninstall Dropbox or try restarting all Windows 10 apps.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure. It will also optimize your PC for maximum performance.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Classic Shell’s Start Menu will support Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Next big update for Windows 10 will bring more ads to the Start Menu
- Tip: Add Hibernate Option to the Start Menu in Windows 10
- Remove Apps Recommendations from Start Menu in Windows 10
The Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) software throws out an “Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server” error message for some users. That […]
In the world of smartphones and busy people, a large chunk of the population relies heavily on sending SMS. Whether it’s a personal message or a […]