Microsoft is starting to remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before deadline
Microsoft will stop offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade to eligible Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users on July 29th. In anticipation of the date, the company is now making its final effort to convince as many people to upgrade before the offer ends.
Eligible Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users who still haven’t upgrade to Windows 10 will now receive a new full-screen message that will prompt them to upgrade. The new message says: “Sorry to interrupt, but this is important. Windows 10 free upgrade offer ends July 29.”
Users who receive this message will have a couple of options: Remind me later, Notify me three more times, Do not notify me again, Upgrade Now.
Once again, only eligible users will receive this offer. This means that Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 needs to be fully legal and genuine. Additionally, users who already upgraded to Windows 10 but decided to roll back won’t get this prompt.
Ever since Windows 10 was offered as a free upgrade to users of previous versions of Windows, Microsoft has been trying to convince people to upgrade. The company often used methods that were unappreciated by users, and Microsoft received a huge backlash because of it.
If you still want to upgrade and join more than 300 million people already using Windows 10, just follow the steps from the prompt. Hurry up, though: you have less than a month to do so
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Preview build 14379 fixes issues with the Action Center, Centennial apps, and more
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for August 2 release: What are its improvements?
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.456 now available for Insiders on the Release Preview ring
- Windows 10 Preview build 14376 causes lot of issues for Insiders, despite Microsoft’s insistence on the opposite
- Microsoft removes Messaging Everywhere from Windows 10 with the latest Preview build
The Coalition is currently developing the highly anticipated video game Gears 5. This game will be released for Xbox One and Windows users later this year. […]
Blue Screen of Death errors can be quite problematic, and speaking of these errors, many users reported Clock interrupt was not received error on their […]