Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.456 now available for Insiders on the Release Preview ring
Shortly after releasing build 14376 for Windows 10 Preview, Microsoft also pushed a new build for the Release Preview ring of Windows 10 Mobile. The new build upgrades the system version to 10586.456, and brings various improvements and bug fixes to the system.
According to Microsoft’s changelog for this update, build 10586.456 for Windows 10 Mobile fixed some known issues with Internet Explorer, failed sign ins, Microsoft Silverlight, and more. As usual, the update only contained bug fixes, and no new features.
Here’s the official changelog of Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.456 for the Release Preview ring:
- “Improved reliability in a number of areas including Windows Media player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
- Fixed an issue with some users noticing a black screen instead of the lock screen, when resuming from connected standby.
- Fixed issue where the DirectAccess Disconnect button appears sometimes even when the connection is not fully established.
- Fixed issue where local user accounts weren’t locked out after a number of failed sign in attempts.
- Improved support for playback of video in certain applications that did not render the video while the audio continued after resuming from sleep.
- Fixed issue where the Windows Phone sometimes loses user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile.
- Improved support to honor the data backup settings of applications on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based application won’t install on Windows 10 Mobile, after joining Azure Active Directory.
- Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, Authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Networking and Wi-Fi connectivity.”
Microsoft also mentioned that if it doesn’t find any bugs or other issues, it will release this build to the public, as well. But for now, Windows Insiders on the Release Preview ring have the opportunity to test it, and report potential issues to Microsoft.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft offers students a free Xbox One in a bundle with Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book
- Microsoft claims developers can release Project Scorpio-only games
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for August 2 release: What are its improvements?
- Windows 10 Preview build 14376 causes lot of issues for Insiders, despite Microsoft’s insistence on the opposite
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]