ADB command not found error [QUICK FIX]
Have you ever received ADB command not found error message when you were trying to connect your smartphone to your personal computer? This error will prevent you from running developer commands on your phone, but in this article, we’re going to show you how to fix it.
What to do if ADB command isn’t found?
1. Select Media Transfer Protocol on your phone
- The first thing that you will have to do it will be to check if your smartphone is plugged in correctly.
- After this, you will have to select the USB connection notification on your phone.
- Then, you will have to select MTP to be your connection mode.
2. Update ADB Interface
- Open Device Manager.
- Right-click on the option Android ADB Interface or Android Phone, located under Other Devices and -> Select Update Driver Software.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software -> Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Now, a window dialog will show up on your screen with the text Show all devices -> Click Next -> Click Have Disk.
- After this, go to the location where you have installed the SDK. Usually is C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver. Then you will have to double click on android_winusb.inf -> Select Android ADB Interface.
- Now, click on Yes -> Click Install.
- After the process is complete you will have to close the window.
3. Enable USB Debugging and Developer Options
- The first thing that you will have to do it will be to go to your phone Settings -> Select About.
- Here, just tap on Builder number for seven times which enables Developer Options.
- Then, you will have to go back and select Developer Options.
- Now, just scroll down and tap on USB Debugging.
4. Run ADB command from the installation directory
- Open Command Prompt.
- Navigate to the directory where Android SDK is installed in Command Prompt. By default it should be:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
- Try running the ADB command from these directories.
Alternatively, you can open Command Prompt in the Android SDK directory by doing the following:
- Open Android SDK installation directory.
- Press and hold the Shift key, and right-click the empty space inside of the directory. Choose Open PowerShell window here.
- Once the PowerShell window opens, try running the ADB command.
We hope that this article and our solutions helped you fix ADB command not found error on your PC. If you found these solutions helpful, let us know in the comments section below.
- Did you know you can now manage phone notifications on PC?
- What is the YourPhone.exe process in Windows 10? [EXPLAINED]
- Can’t browse iPhone photos in Windows 10? Here’s the fix
There’s no denying that Power BI offers a lot of features. Still, many users need even more functions. For example, people want to disable all […]
If you find that SharePoint keeps asking you for your password whenever you try to use it, you are not the only one encountering this […]