- One of the most common problems on every OS is when the Search bar is not working, but this detailed article will show you how to fix it in Windows 11.
- The first thing to do is simply check for your operating system's general updates.
- If the Search bar fails to work in Windows 11, running the OS troubleshooter will surely help.
- Restarting specific options from Task Manager is another efficient solution you should consider.
Any version of Microsoft OS might sometimes get you into trouble and the latest version makes no exception from the rule. Thus, you’ll have to be prepared for any situation.
Speaking of problems, they may occur even for the most basic and commonly used options, such as the Taskbar, the Search bar, or the Start menu.
In this article, we choose to present the most valuable solutions for the times when your Search bar is not working in Windows 11.
You don’t have to worry about not being able to perform our recommendations, because they are extremely similar to what we know from the previous OS design.
What can I do if the Search bar is not working in Windows 11?
1. Restart your PC
- Press the Windows key.
- Click on the Power icon.
- Select Restart.
If you encounter troubles with common and basic options such as the Search bar, the first thing to do is restarting your computer.
Thus, this option will help you to make sure that the issue is not just a temporary random bug.
2. Check for Windows updates
3. Run the troubleshooter to make the Search bar work in Windows 11
- Open Settings.
- Go to System.
- Look at the right side, scroll down, and click on Troubleshoot.
- Select Other troubleshooter, then search for Search and Indexing, and click on the Run button.
4. Restart the Windows Search
- Press Windows key, then type Task Manager and select it.
- Click on the Details tab.
- In the Name column, search for SearchUI.exe, then right-click on it, and select End task.
- When you’re prompted to end SearchUI.exe, select End process.
5. Reset your PC
- Open Settings.
- Go to System, then select Recovery.
- Select Reset this PC, then click on the Reset PC button.
If none of these work, you should also consider visiting the Microsoft Support website, and describe your problem by raising a ticket to the dedicated help team.
Following the model of every guide, we made sure to deliver only the best options. So, the ones listed above are perfect for the times when your Search bar is not working in Windows 11.
Checking a complete Windows 11 build review will definitely help you understand better the design features of the newest OS.
Do not forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below and also to subscribe to our newsletter.