- Many users report getting the Not installed correctly error when trying to open certain apps in Windows 10.
- We will show you in this article what steps you can do in order to solve the Windows app error message.
- Don't forget to bookmark our Windows 10 Hub for more helpful guides and news.
- In our dedicated Fix section you'll find even more interesting articles and information.
When you click or tap on a certain app inside the Start panel in Windows 10 you might get the message Not installed correctly and the app fails to start.
This error message might occur when you make some changes to the Windows 10 operating system and it affects the registry keys from a specific application.
It can also happen if you have an antivirus that doesn’t let you run an app considering it a threat to the operating system or perhaps the User Account Control feature you have isn’t allowing the application to run,
Usually, by reinstalling the application from Microsoft Store it should fix this issue but if it doesn’t you can follow the instructions posted below and find out some other useful tips.
How can I fix the Not installed correctly error message?
1. Use an antivirus
- Disable your current antivirus.
- Reboot your Windows 10 operating system.
- After the Windows 10 powers up check and see if the antivirus is still disabled.
- If it is then you can try and run the application you are having issues with and see if it works
Once your current antivirus has been disabled, your PC won’t be safe, so we recommend you install a trustful and reliable antivirus.
To switch for stronger antivirus protection the best idea would be to consider lightweight options that will not block other services or programs on your system.
For instance, some antivirus tools will run powerful malware protection and not consume all the important resources of your PC.
In order to benefit from this service, we suggest considering the most compatible antivirus programs you can find for Windows 10 PCs.
2. Use Apps Troubleshooter
- Download the diagnostics program.
- Click on the file to run it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the troubleshooting on the apps
- After it finishes, reboot the Windows 10 operating system.
3. Reset Microsoft Store cache
- Press and hold the button Windows + Q key.
- Type in: WSReset.exe and press Enter.
- After about 30 seconds, the command prompt will automatically close, and the Microsoft Store app will open.
4. Disable development mode
- Press and hold the Windows+X key.
- Left-click or tap on the Command Prompt.
- Click on the Run as administrator icon.
- Enter and run the following command:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.XML
- Press the Enter button.
- Reboot your Windows 10 system.
These are the methods you need to do in order to fix the Not installed correctly error message.
If you have any additional questions regarding this particular subject please write us in the comments section of this page and we will help you further with your issue.