FIX: Windows 10 Apps Won’t Connect To Internet
Windows 10 apps can’t access internet
- Download Microsoft’s troubleshooter
- Clear the Store Cache
- Switch to Windows firewall
- Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
- Run the Internet troubleshooter
- Allow other people to use this connection
- Disable automatic proxy detection
- Clean boot your PC
Windows 10 Apps are a huge part of every Windows operating system since their introduction in Windows 8. But many of those apps are useless without an internet connection. In some cases, an error could prevent your apps from connecting to internet, but fortunately, there’s a fix for this issue.
What to do if your Windows 10 apps are not connecting to Internet
Solution 1: Download Microsoft’s troubleshooter
Microsoft is aware of this problem, so its developers made a tool which solves problems with Windows UI. You can download this fixer, run it and see if the problem is solved. You can download Microsoft UI Troubleshooter directly from the company’s support page. If you still face problems with internet connection of your Windows Apps, you can try with some of the solutions listed below.
Solution 2 – Clear the Store Cache
You can try to reset the Store cache in order to make your apps able to connect to the internet again. Restoring App Store is very simple, and it requires only one simple command. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Search and type wsreset
- Open WSReset.exe command and let it finish the process
It will reset all the settings of Windows Store, and maybe you’ll be able to connect your apps to internet again.
Solution 3 – Switch to Windows firewall
Firewall of some third-party security software could prevent your apps from connecting to internet sometimes. So you can try to disable third-party security software and see if anything is different.
But probably better solution is to switch from a non-Microsoft security software’s firewall to Windows’ default firewall. To switch to Windows Firewall, turn of antivirus’ firewall first, and then do the following:
- Go to search, type firewall, and open Windows Firewall
- In the left pane select Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- Check Turn on Windows Firewall
Solution 4 – Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
Another quick solution to fix Windows 10 app internet connection problems is to run the Windows Store troubleshooter. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot and run the troubleshooter, as shown in the screenshot below.
Solution 5 – Run the Internet troubleshooter
If your apps are working properly and the App troubleshooter couldn’t identify any issues, maybe the culprit is your internet connection itself. In order to quickly fix this issue, you need to run Windows 10’s built-in internet troubleshooter.
The steps to follow are similar to running the app troubleshooter. The only difference is that this time, you’re going to select and run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.
Solution 6 – Allow other people to use the connection
Some users confirmed that their Windows 10 app connected to internet after they checked the option ‘Allow other people to use this connection’. So, create a new Internet Connection and make sure to check the check box “Allow other people to use this connection”. Your Windows 10 apps should work now.
Solution 7 – Disable automatic proxy detection
Other users reported they managed to fix this issue by disabling proxy detection. To do this:
- Go to Start > type ‘proxy’ > double click on ‘Change Proxy Settings’
- Go to Connections > select proxy settings
- Uncheck the box ‘Automatically detect proxy settings’
- Restart your computer and check if the problem is still there.
Solution 8 – Clean boot your PC
- Go to Start > type msconfig > press Enter
- Go to System Configuration > click on the Services tab > check the Hide all Microsoft services check box > click Disable all.
- Go to the Startup tab > Open Task Manager.
- Select each startup item > click Disable > close Task Manager > restart the computer.
That would be all, at least one of these steps should help your Apps to establish internet connection again. If you have any comments or suggestions, write them down, below.
RELATED GUIDES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft Store lets you install Windows 10 apps remotely
- How to uninstall Windows 10 apps for all users
- Learn new foreign languages with these Windows 10 apps
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Did you ever encounter Unable to join domain message on Windows 10? This can be a problem, but in today’s article we’ll show you how […]
Many Gears of War 5 players who tried to join ranked matches reported experiencing different issues. They keep on getting error 0x00000d6e when they trying […]