Error Code 43: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems” [FIX]
You may see an error message displayed by the Devices Manager saying that Windows stopped a device because it reported problems, otherwise known as error code 43. The device can be an USB, a NVIDIA graphics card, a printer, media players, an external hard drive, and so on.
How to fix the “Windows has stopped this device” error
First, check whether error 43 is the culprit by opening the Device Manager and checking whether it shows a problematic device.
Follow these steps to fix error 43:
- Restart your PC.
- Remove all USB devices.
- Uninstall their drivers.
- Scan the PC after the devices have been removed.
- Plug your peripherals back in and check if the issues still persist.
- Update your drivers: Go to the Device manager ad select Update Driver Software.
- Change your power management settings because the save power feature may cause the error code 43.
- Open Device Manager and locate the USB Root Hub under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Double-click it > select Properties > go to the power management tab > remove the checkmark from “allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” > click OK.
8. Run Microsoft’s dedicated USB troubleshooter. You can download the tool from Microsoft’s support page.
We hope that the workarounds listed above help you to fix this problem. If you come across other solutions to fix error 43, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Screen flicker after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
- Windows 10 Users Complain their AMD Graphics Card is not Recognized in Device Manager
- Windows 10 Anniversary Device Manager issues reported
We all love to unwind from time to time, whether between breaks or just honing our card skills. Let’s face it, we all tried Solitaire […]
Has your microphone stopped working after you installed the latest Windows 10 build? Well, I can tell you that you are not the only user […]
Cortana is a virtual assistant app that’s an integral part of Windows 10. Yet, some users have said that they can’t set up Cortana after […]