- Kindle is one of the leading platforms for digital books.
- The platform stores the books onto your computer which you should know where they are in case you want to move them.
- This guide will show you where you can find them on Windows 10, Windows 11, and macOS.
Amazon Kindle is an online platform where you can a near-endless amount of digital books. You can read major releases like Dune from Frank Herbert to lesser-known mystery novels.
Any and all avid book readers should have a Kindle account; it’s honestly one of the best platforms out there. Kindle is available on a wide variety of devices from e-readers to tablets and even desktop computers.
Kindle works differently on certain operating systems. Not too different, but enough that it can cause some confusion. This guide will show you how to find your Kindle books on Windows 10, Windows 11, and even macOS.
Does Kindle work on Windows 11?
Yes, absolutely. Kindle works on Windows 8, 10, and 11. For Mac computers, capability starts at macOS 10.14 and higher.
There have been instances of Windows 11 not recognizing Kindle. This could be because of a faulty connection between the Windows 11 computer and Kindle. It’s also recommended that you install Kindle as an MTP device via the Device Manager.
How do I find my Kindle books’ location on Windows & Mac?
1. Find the location of Kindle books on Windows 10 and 11
In order to find the location of your Kindle eBooks, you need to use Kindle’s built-in Options menu. From there, you need to navigate to the menu from which you can change the folder location for the books. It will tell you the current location.
The process is the same for Windows 10 and Windows 11, only the app looks slightly different on them. The following steps will show the Windows 11 version.
1. Launch Kindle on your Windows PC.
2. Click Tools and in the drop-down menu that appears select Options.
3. In the new window that appears, select Content.
4. Under the Content tab, you will see where your Kindle books are located in File Explorer.
5. You can change the location by clicking the Change Folder button and selecting a different file.
6. Click Change Folder then hit Save.
7. For Windows 10, the location is the same. It’s just that the app looks a little different.
2. Find Kindle books’ location on macOS
- On macOS, open the Kindle app.
- Click Kindle on the bar at the top.
- If you look under the Content Folder section, you will see where your Kindle books are located.
- If you click the Change button, you can change the location of your Kindle books or create a new folder if you prefer.
How do you read Kindle books on Windows 11?
The easiest thing way you can read Kindle books on Windows 11 is through the app itself. Kindle on Windows 11 allows users to read books right then and there.
But if you prefer, you can always use Kindle Cloud Reader which is essentially the browser version of the desktop Kindle app. Simply sign in to Kindle Cloud Reader and select a book to read.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions regarding the above process. Also, do not hesitate to comment about guides you’d like to see or information on other platforms.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.