Windows Media Player happens to be an excellent multimedia player, but many users reported that Windows Media Player cannot skip forward. This can be a big issue for some users, so today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
What to do if Windows Media Player cannot skip forward?
1. Run Windows Media Player Settings trouble-shooter
- Launch the Run Window.
- This can be done by pressing the Windows and R button simultaneously.
- Alternately, you can also simply type Run in the Cortana search box and selecting the Run App from the search result shown.
- In the Run dialog box, type msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic and press Enter.
- On the WMP troubleshooter window, click on Next for the process to begin.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
2. Run Windows Media Player Library trouble-shooter
- Launch the Run app as before.
- Type msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic and press Enter.
- Click on Next for the troubleshooting process to begin.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
3. Register DLL files
- Launch Command Prompt windows. You can do that by typing Command Prompt or just cmd in the Cortana Search box and pressing Enter. Select the app from the search result.
- In the Command Prompt window, type each of the command listed below followed by pressing Enter.
- regsvr32 ntdll.dll /s
- regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s
- regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s
- regsvr32 wmp.dll /s
- regsvr32 wmpdxm.dll /s
- After you are done, close the Command Prompt by typing Exit and pressing Enter. Or you can simply click the Close button at the top right corner.
- Re-start the PC.
4. Long-press on the forward button
- The Forward button, the one on the right of the central Play button is, in reality, a dual purpose button which when clicked will load the next song or video in the playlist.
- To fast-forward, press and hold on to the button for at least 15 seconds for the forward action to take place.
This should be all that you need to do to if Windows Media Player cannot skip forward.
Also, here are some additional resources for you to browse.