Fix: Windows Resource Protection Found a Corrupt File, But Can’t Remove It
If you’re checking your Windows for errors using System File Checker (SFC/SCANNOW) and the program reports that a corrupt file is present, but it can’t be fixed, don’t worry, we have a solution for your problem.
Let’s talk a little about our problem in order to understand it better. When there’s a corrupt system file on your computer, Windows uses Inbox Corruption Repair to fix it and replace the corrupt system file with the working one. Inbox Corruption Repair works silently, which means that it will locate the problem, find a certain file online, and replace it without user even noticing it. But this method might not work every time, and then, user has to hand his problems with corrupt system files on his own.
To solve a corrupt files problem on your own, you’ll need to use Deployment Imaging and Servicing Manager (DISM) via Command Prompt or Microsoft PowerShell. To perform Inbox Corruption Repair using DISM, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to Search, type powershell, choose Windows PowerShell, right-click on it, and select Run as administrator
- In PowerShell, enter some of the following commands, depending on what do you want to achieve:
- Repair-WindowsImage -Online -CheckHealth: This command checks if there’s a component corruption marker in your registry. This command is only used to see if the corrupt file is present in your registry, and it doesn’t fix anything or create a log.
- Repair-WindowsImage -Online -ScanHealth: This command also only checks if there’s a corrupt file in your registry, but it provides more information and requires more time to finish (up to 5-10 minutes)
- Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth: This command checks if the corruption is present in your registry, records the corruption to E:\WindowsLogs\CBS\CBS.log, and fixes it using Windows Update
After performing this little registry operation, your File Checker should work fine, but if you have any comments and suggestions, you know where to say it.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we strongly recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
Microsoft is planning to redesign Windows 10 icons in Windows 10 20H1. The company says that the upcoming version of Windows will bring rounded corners […]
Windows users have posted on forums about an update error that occurs when they try to download and install 2019 KB4494441, KB4489899, andKB4482887 updates. The […]
Microsoft started rolling out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update a few days ago adding a long list of new features and improvements to the […]