If you encountered the error message Windows Server AppFabric is not correctly configured, you are not the only user experiencing this issue.
This error occurs in 3 possible situations:
- You are not connected to the Internet and tried to install Windows Server AppFabric manually (double-clicked installer file).
- You have an internet connection and you tried installing SharePoint Server 2013 RTM on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- In the case that your server is configured as a Workgroup.
In today’s fix article we will explore the best way to deal with this issue. Following these steps will allow you to successfully install Windows Server AppFabric to your server.
Here’s how to fix the Windows Server AppFabric is not correctly configured error
Offline install process for Windows Server AppFabric for SharePoint 2016/2013
Note: In case you installed Windows Server AppFabric by double-clicking the installation file, you will need to navigate to the Apps and Features menu inside Windows, and uninstall it. After the uninstall process, please restart your server and follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Move the AppFabric app installer and open PowerShell
- Navigate to the location of the WindowsServerAppFabricSetup.exe file to your server‘s drive C:/.
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select PowerShell (Admin).
- Inside the PowerShell window -> type the following command:
.WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe /i CacheClient,CachingService,CacheAdmin /gac
- Press Enter to run the command.
- If you get a Command-Line syntax error -> run this command in PowerShell:
.WindowsServerAppFabricSetup.exe/i CacheClient'',''CachingService'',''CacheAdmin /gac
- Wait for the AppFabric installation to complete.
2. Install update package for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1
- Install the Cumulative Update Package 1 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1.
- If you’re using SharePoint 2016 -> install the Cumulative Update 7 (3092423) for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1.
- Reboot your server -> Rerun the SharePoint installation.
Note: SharePoint Server 2013 RTM is not supported on Windows Server 2012 R2. In order to install SharePoint 2013 you can try these two methods:
- Install SharePoint Server 2013 with SP1 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Install SharePoint Server 2013 RTM on Windows Server 2012.
In today’s fix article we discussed the best way to deal with the Windows Server AppFabric not correctly configured error message. Please make sure to follow the steps presented in this article carefully to avoid causing any other issues.
Please feel free to let us know if this fix article helped you solve your issue.
You can do so by simply using the comment section found below this article.