- WinZip Driver Updater is a fake update program for the WinZip self-extracting archive tool.
- It is an ad-supported software that may be installed on your computer when you visit an infected website or open a malicious email attachment.
If you have installed WinZip Driver Updater on your computer, then you need to remove it from your computer as soon as possible. WinZip Driver Updater is a software application that will display ads, pop-ups, and other types of unwanted content on your computer screen.
This program has been designed to be installed in the background without your permission. The only way you can notice that this program is running on your computer is by looking at the applications list in the Start menu and seeing that a new program has been added.
Should I update WinZip drivers?
If you are asking yourself whether Winzip Driver Updater is safe, it is not. This is a fake driver updater application that is supposedly made by WinZip. The virus is designed to trick you into thinking that your computer’s drivers are out of date and not working properly.
Usually, this type of malware has the ability to download and install other types of viruses onto your computer. This is what makes it dangerous, and why you need to remove the WinZip Driver Updater virus as soon as possible.
You may not even realize it has found its way into your PC. You may have installed this program yourself by accident or it may have been added to your computer when you installed another program.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Once installed, the Trojan may change your browser settings and redirect you to malicious websites. The WinZip Driver Updater is not safe. It is designed to trick users into paying for fake drivers.
Why can’t I uninstall WinZip Driver Updater?
The uninstallation process doesn’t always run smoothly so you may hit a bump and the malicious app fails to uninstall. If you are unable to uninstall WinZip Driver Updater, you may have a problem with your computer, disk drive, or the software itself.
Here are some of the other reasons why you can’t uninstall WinZip Driver Updater:
- App leftovers – There are still some files left in your system. You can try to remove the software leftovers manually one by one or use an uninstaller app to help you.
- Files in other locations – Some programs store files in other locations on your hard disk than where they were installed.
We also have a detailed article on how to get rid of apps that won’t uninstall in Windows if the software is becoming problematic.
How do I remove the WinZip Driver Updater virus?
1. Uninstall WinZip Driver Updater
- Hit the Windows key and select Settings.
- Click on Apps on the left pane then select Apps & features on the right-pane.
- Locate WinZip Driver Updater, click on the three ellipses then select Uninstall.
- Confirm uninstallation in the pop-up dialog box.
2. Scan your PC for viruses
- Press the Windows key, search Windows Security and click Open.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Next, press Quick scan under Current threats.
- Wait for the process to finish and restart your system.
To get rid of WinZip Driver Updater, you must remove its components. The next step is to stop all processes related to it. You’ll want to run a virus scan to eliminate any residues.
The WinZip Driver Updater virus is likely to have infected other files on your computer even after you’ve removed the main infection from your PC. There may still be some residual malware lurking on your hard drive.
A virus scan will look for these remaining pieces of malware and remove them if found. The Windows scan may not be sufficient, so we recommend a third-party antivirus program.
To ensure that your PC isn’t affected, you might want to do a full driver check with Outbyte Driver Updater, a tool specialized in driver updates.
Outbyte Driver Updater will scan your entire PC for all drivers that are outdated or missing and will safely install each one of them within a few moments.
Outbyte Driver UpdaterMaintain your system’s performance by keeping all your drivers up to date.
Hopefully, you have been able to uninstall this virus that presents itself as useful software.
You might also be interested in checking our selection of the best PUP remover tools that can help you get rid of these unwanted programs.
Let us know what method you use to keep such software from making its way into your PC in the comments section below.