- If your installed Adblock doesn't block ads, some adware might cause the problem.
- Using third-party software to remove possible malware is also a great solution.
- Make sure you try different Adblock extensions for your current browser.
- Try installing a different browser that has an in-built adblocker for an easy fix.
There is nothing more annoying than being pestered by ads while you browse the internet. But what can you do if you installed an ad-blocker and it still doesn’t get the job done?
A great number of users have reported that even though they tried a good number of ad-blockers, they still end up being annoyed by ads while browsing the Internet.
This can be extremely frustrating, especially because you think you tried everything you could to stop those annoying ads from popping up.
For these reasons, in this article, we will discuss what could be the reasons why Adblock doesn’t work anymore for you, and finally, we will discuss the best way to solve this issue. Read on to find out more.
The following solutions are also useful if you are having these issues:
- Adblock not blocking ads
- Adblock doesn’t block ads anymore
- Adblock isn’t blocking ads
What do I do if Adblock isn’t blocking ads?
1. Use a different browser
If your web browser continues to have issues with the ad-blocker extensions, then maybe you should consider switching to a browser that has a built-in ad-blocker.
On such example is Opera. This web browser uses the Chromium engine, making it very fast and powerful, and it comes with several privacy tools that can help you surf the Internet undisturbed.
These include a VPN and an ad-blocker, both of which are very efficient, and without any limitations.
Opera is a very versatile browser. It comes in multiple versions, each one specialized in something, such as VPN, Gaming, etc. There surely is an Opera browser for everyone.
Besides being a great search engine, the browser also has low bandwidth and has little to no impact on system performance. Other browsers such as Chrome eat up lots of RAM.
OperaEnjoy browsing the Internet without being bothered by pesky ads thanks to this browser that comes with all of the privacy tools you may ever need
2. Make sure the ads that appear are not caused by malware
- Download and install Malwarebytes.
- Open the Malwarebytes software.
- From the Dashboard, select Scan Now to start scanning your PC for malware.
- After the process is completed, remove any threats that were identified.
- Restart your PC, and check to see if the issue is solved.
A lot of times the ads that appear may be caused by malware that’s already on your PC, especially if you see the adds when visiting less secure websites.
In this article we discussed the reasons for which your browser ad-blocker add-ons might now work, and also the solution to this issue.
If you don’t have any malware on your PC, you can simply download and set Opera as your default browsing software.
Opera will ensure that you will get top-notch protection from online threats and also prevents third-parties from accessing you private data, while also keeping you anonymous online with the built-in VPN service.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can learn everything about them in our quick article dedicated to adblocker extensions for browsers.
Yes, they are, because they prevent bloatware and adware. Read this useful article about the best ways to block ads on your PC.
Most ad blockers do not track users. However, there are some obscure ad blockers that actually track users.