- The WOF driver encountered a corruption error in Windows 10 can occur due to corruption of system files.
- Sometimes a system upgrade can help you fix the corrupted files and this error message.
- Additionally, check your storage device health, and make sure that it's working properly.
- As a last resort, you can fix DISM error 4448 the wof driver encountered a corruption with a fresh Windows installation.
The error The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table occurs when the user tries to run the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) to fix system issues.
However, at times due to corrupted system drivers or Windows 10 system files, the tool may fail to repair the system resulting in this error message.
Fortunately, you can fix this error by following a few troubleshooting steps. Follow the steps in the article below to resolve DISM error 4448 the WOF driver encountered a corruption on your Windows 10 PC.
How do I fix the WOF driver encountered a corruption error?
1. Run Windows Update troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Open the Troubleshoot tab from the left pane and select Additional troubleshooters.
- Scroll down and click on Windows Update.
- Click the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- The troubleshooter will scan the system for system issues that is preventing Windows update installation.
- Follow on-screen instructions and apply any recommended fixes and restart your computer.
After the troubleshooter is finished, check if the DISM error 4448 the wof driver encountered a corruption message is still there.
2. Perform an in-place Windows 10 upgrade
- Download the Media Creation Tool.
- Run the tool to get Windows 10 setup screen. Click Accept to agree to the terms.
- Click Upgrade this PC now and click Next.
- Media Creation Tool will download the latest version for Windows 10 available. Once downloaded, click Next.
- Follow-on screen instructions to complete the in-place upgrade process.
In-place upgrade is an alternative to clean installing Windows without deleting your personal files or removing the applications.
However, if the In-Place upgrade via Media Creation Tool fails, try to use Microsoft Update Assistant to install the latest updates for your PC.
3. Run Microsoft Update assistant
- Go to Microsoft Download center for Windows 10 update assistant.
- Click the Update Now button to download the update assistant for the latest Windows 10 version available.
- Run the Windows10Upgrade9252.exe tool. Click Yes when prompted by UAC.
- Click the Update Now button in the Update to the latest version of Windows 10 screen.
- The tool will perform a system check to identify system compatibility. Click Next.
- Windows will start downloading the update file. Make sure to disable the metered connection to download the update.
Once the update is ready to install, follow on-screen instructions. Your PC will restart to install the updates. After the restart, check if the WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table error is resolved.
Once installed, run the System File Checker tool and DISM to see if the error is resolved. Here’s how to do it.
Run System File Checker tool
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type cmd in the search bar and click Run as Administrator for Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following and hit Enter:
- System File Check tool will scan your system for corrupt or missing system files and apply any fixes as required. Wait for the tool to complete and show a 100% completed message.
Run DISM Cleanup-image tool
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, enter the following command and hit Enter:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for the tool to complete the scan and apply any fixes if required. Once the process is complete, reboot the computer and check for any improvements.
4. Check for HDD failure
- Open File Explorer and click on This PC.
- Right-click on your HDD and choose Properties.
- Open the Tool tab in the Properties window. Click the Check button under Error checking.
- Click Scan drive. Windows will scan the driver and show any issues if found.
If a fresh install fails to resolve the WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table error in Windows 10, check your HDD for hardware failure.
Bad disk sectors or mechanical driver failure may fail to boot your system normally. Use the built-in error checking option in Windows to check your hard disk for errors.
The DISM error 4448 the wof driver encountered a corruption is triggered due to corrupted system file and can be fixed with an in-place system upgrade.
Additionally, check for hard disk issues that may prevent your PC from booting successfully.