- Roblox is an online game creation platform allowing players to create their own games and play them in the multiplayer mode.
- Xbox One players have been reporting issues with Roblox, one of which is error 905. In this article, we're looking at why this is happening and what steps you can take to resolve it.
- More on Roblox and other similar games can be found on our Online Games page where we post the latest guides.
- For more similar content, head over to our in-depth Roblox page where we post regularly about issues and their fixes.
Some Xbox One users encountered an issue when trying to connect to Roblox.
Error code 905 prevents users from playing Roblox after linking their game and Xbox Live accounts.
This specific error seems to be caused by an account or connectivity issue.
In order to fix this issue, we managed to come up with a series of solutions.
What to do if you get Roblox error 905 on Xbox
1. Check the sign-in details
Make sure to have your account details correctly set.
If you forgot your password or you’re not sure that it is correct, reset your password and attempt to sign in again.
2. Verify the Xbox server status
Go to the Microsoft website and check the Xbox server status.
3. Check Roblox servers
Similar to the Xbox servers, checking the Roblox server status is important.
Check the server status to see recent server reports.
Here you can see all the recent issues and what type of errors users encountered.
4. Reinstall Roblox
- Press the Xbox button > go to Home
- Go to My games & apps
- Select Roblox
- Press the Menu button on the controller > select Uninstall
- Next, you have to reinstall Roblox back and see if the issue was fixed
5. Disconnect the Roblox and Xbox accounts
- Press the Xbox button > open Settings
- Go to Account > choose UNLINK [your gamertag]
- Access your Roblox account on the Roblox website
- Under Xbox, open the Security tab > click Disconnect
We hope that our solutions helped you fix error code 905 when trying to access Roblox in Xbox One. If you liked this article, leave a comment in the comment section below.
FAQ: Common Roblox Errors on Xbox One
- How do you get Roblox to work on Xbox One?
- How do you fix error 901 on Xbox One Roblox?
Shut down your Xbox One console and unplug it. Keep it unplugged for 5 minutes and then power it back on. Then go to your Roblox and Xbox accounts and ensure that both are displaying the same birth date. If you’re still having issues, make sure you try some of the other fixes for common Roblox errors.
- How do you fix error 103 on Roblox Xbox?
The only way to fix Roblox 103 error on Xbox One is to log in to an adult account, as the content is has been marked as unsuitable for children.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in May 2019 and was revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.