The new Xbox One build introduces Creators Update features to more testers
Microsoft has finally expanded access to the latest build of Windows 10 Creators Update for some Xbox Insider Preview Ring 3 members. This comes after Xbox Insiders enrolled in both the Alpha and Beta rings received multiple Creators Update builds for some time now.
Bradley Rossetti, global client hardware manager at Microsoft, announced the release of build 1703 to a subset of Preview Ring 3 participants on Tiwtter, with plans to roll the build out to all of Preview Ring 3 members in the coming weeks. This is the first Xbox One build for Preview Ring 3 members since the last revision to the Insider Program for Xbox One.
Although the update does not bring any significant features, the build introduces the Creators Update features to more testers. The OS version for the release is: rs_xbox_dev_flight.170308-1900. Below are the details:
- Beam: Beam is an innovative and interactive livestreaming service that gives viewers the ability to watch and deeply interact with their favorite game streamers in real-time, and you can now access Beam from the Guide on Xbox One! You can read more about getting started with Beam in this post in the 1703 Preview Announcements forum.
- Beam App: The Beam app is now installed by default on Xbox One! To get started with the Beam app, navigate to My games & apps and search for Beam. Please use the Beam app and let us know if you encounter any issues via Report a problem.
- Automatic Updates: You can now enable automatic updates independently from your console’s power mode (Instant-On or Energy-saving). To enable automatic updates, navigate to the new updates interface in Settings > System > Updates. Consoles in Energy-saving Mode will download any available updates at shut down. For consoles in Instant-On mode, the experience remains the same.
- Achievement Tracker: You can now control the transparency level and number of achievements in the achievement tracker.
- Party Chat: Party chat will stop functioning when headset audio is switched from Stereo Uncompressed to Windows Sonic while in a party.
- Controller: Upon resuming from connected standby, you may be prompted to update your controller firmware when no update is available.
- Cortana: Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Notifications: Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- Game Clips: After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- EA Access: The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Settings – Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home
It remains unclear when the Preview Ring 4 members, the lowest of the four Xbox Insider rings, will get their first Creators Update build.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]