- The Yahoo! Mail app is no longer available for download in the Microsoft Store for some time now.
- But you can have the same productivity results using one of the available alternatives.
- Meanwhile, Yahoo! Mail stays alive as a web app and you can still find related news in our dedicated Yahoo section.
- For a larger variety of articles about email clients, see our Email Hub.
UPDATE: Well, we have a piece of bad news for you. The Yahoo! Mail app is no longer available for download in the Microsoft Store. The reason is that Yahoo! officially discontinued the app. You can still access your Yahoo! Mail inbox from your web browser.
In case you are looking for a certain mail app for your Yahoo! Inbox, we strongly recommend Mailbird, a great mail client app that will centralize and let you manage your Yahoo! Inbox with ease.
MailbirdManage multiple email accounts and contacts in a single Inbox with this top email client for Windows.
Mailbird brings a lot of customizable features and options that are just one click away so that you can make the most of your time when using the app.
This said, not only you get all your emails and contacts from multiple accounts in one single place. Mailbird also supports integration with other useful apps like Google Calendar, Twitter, or Asana so that you can easily manage all your tasks from the same app.
In terms of productivity, the app allows you to snooze messages for later to focus only on the urgent emails, plus lets you add customizable notifications sounds.
You can read our original report below.
After Yahoo! has decided to remove the official Yahoo Mail app from the Windows Store, probably because it didn’t like too much Windows 8 nor Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. But the company has finally changed its mind and the app is once again available for a free download.
The app comes with support for desktop and lock screen notifications, dynamic Live Tile in the Start menu. However, what you should know is that this is just a web wrapper for Yahoo! webmail and it’s not an official app, which is quite sad for Windows 10 Yahoo users. Here are the main features of the app:
- Get real-time notifications so you never miss a message
- View the Live Tile in the Start menu for a quick status on your inbox
- See the number of new messages on your lock screen
- Organize your mail with folders, Smart Views, and various options to sort your message list
- Import contacts from Facebook, Gmail, Outlook or AOL to make it easy to connect to the people you care about
- Multitask in your inbox with Tabs: compose, search and read messages all at once, without opening new windows
- Send beautiful emails with Yahoo Mail Stationery, designed by Paperless Post
- Find the message, document or photo you’re looking for with Yahoo Mail’s best in class search feature
- Personalize your inbox with over 20+ vibrant themes to choose from
Despite the fact that it isn’t a native app, Yahoo! Mail for Windows 10 has currently a 4.2 rating from a number of 142 ratings. It comes with a size of 15.19 MB and should be used only on PCs, according to its description.
Frequently Asked Questions
Microsoft discontinued only the Yahoo Mail app, but the service is still available by accessing it directly from any of the browsers you’re using.
For sure, Yahoo! is still used on a large scale, as is Gmail or Outlook. However, a lot of other email clients have emerged lately.
Some email providers use encryption to secure your data; others don’t and in this case, you’ll have to rely on an antivirus software that does the same job.