UPDATE: Well, we have a piece of bad news for you. The Yahoo Mail App is no longer available for download in the Microsoft Store. The reason is that Yahoo officially discontinued the app. You can still access your Yahoo Mail inbox from your web browser.
In case you are looking for a certain mail app for your Yahoo Inbox, we strongly recommend Mailbird, a great mail client app that will centralize and let you manage your Yahoo Inbox with ease.
You can read the original report below.
After Yahoo! has decided to remove the official Yahoo Mail app from the Windows Store, probably because it didn’t like too much Windows 8 nor Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. But the company has finally changed its mind and the app is once again available for a free download.
The app comes with support for desktop and lock screen notifications, dynamic Live Tile in the Start menu. However, what you should know is that this is just a web wrapper for Yahoo web mail and it’s not an official app, which is quite sad for Windows 10 Yahoo users. Here are the main features of the app:
- Get real-time notifications so you never miss a message
- View the Live Tile in the Start menu for a quick status on your inbox
- See the number of new messages on your lock screen
- Organize your mail with folders, Smart Views, and various options to sort your message list
- Import contacts from Facebook, Gmail, Outlook or AOL to make it easy to connect to the people you care about
- Multitask in your inbox with Tabs: compose, search and read messages all at once, without opening new windows
- Send beautiful emails with Yahoo Mail Stationery, designed by Paperless Post
- Find the message, document or photo you’re looking for with Yahoo Mail’s best in class search feature
- Personalize your inbox with over 20+ vibrant themes to choose from
Despite the fact that it isn’t a native app, Yahoo! Mail for Windows 10 has currently a 4.2 rating from a number of 142 ratings. It comes with a size of 15.19 MB and should be used only on PCs, according to its description.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Best Windows 10 Email Clients and Apps to Use
- 5 best email tracking software to monitor your emails
- 4 of the best email-archiving software packages
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.