Reddit is one of the foremost media aggregation websites. However, it has a few bugs, such as the Your session has expired error.
Numerous users have said they can’t log in to Reddit when the site displays a Your session has expired error message. However, some users have fixed that error with these resolutions.
How do I fix the error Your session has expired?
1. Log in to the old Reddit
This isn’t exactly a fix, but some users have said they can still log in to the old Reddit without any issues. To do that, open the old Reddit in a web browser. Enter your login details there. Then click the Login button.
2. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies
- Some users might need to clear their browsers’ cache and cookie data to fix the Your session has expired error. To do that in Google Chrome, click that browser’s Customize Google Chrome button.
- Click More tools and Clear browsing data to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the All time option.
- Select the Cached images and files check box.
- Then click the Cookies and other site data option to select it.
- Click the Clear data button.
- To clear Mozilla Firefox’s cache and cookies, click the Open menu button in that browser.
- Click Library to open the sidebar menu shown directly below.
- Click the History option.
- Select the Clear Recent History option.
- Select the Everything option on the Time range drop-down menu.
- Select the Cache and Cookies check boxes.
- Press the Clear Now button.
3. Log in with an alternative browser
You might find you can log in to Reddit fine with an alternative web browser. So, try logging in with another browser.
Edge comes with Windows 10, so that’s an alternative to Chrome and Firefox you don’t need to download. UR is a browser few users are familiar with that’s a good alternative to Google Chrome.
4. Log in via Reddit’s sidebar menu
- Some users have also confirmed that the same Your session has expired error doesn’t arise when they log in via Reddit’s sidebar menu. Click the button at the top right of Reddit’s page to open the sidebar menu shown directly below.
- Click the Log In/Sign Up option.
- Then enter your login details there.
- Click the Log In button.
5. Log in to Reddit from another user’s profile page
A few Reddit users have confirmed that they fixed the Your session has expired error by logging in from another user’s profile page. To do that, click a user profile link in a Reddit post. That will open a user’s profile page. Then click the Log In button from the user profile page.
Those are a few of the confirmed resolutions that can fix the Your session has expired error so that you can log back into Reddit.
There might be other ways to fix the same issue, and users are welcome to share alternative resolutions for the Your session has expired error below.