YouTube allows users to watch videos without logging into the website. However, to post comments and like the videos, one must log in. Several users have reported the Oops! Something went wrong YouTube error while trying to sign in.
This error occurs while accessing the YouTube account via the web browser. The error can occur due to multiple reasons, including an outdated web browser or Google account issues.
If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you fix Oops! Something went wrong YouTube error.
What to do when YouTube says something went wrong?
1. Update your browser
For Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the menu icon (three horizontal dots).
- Go to Help and select About Google Chrome.
- Chrome will now check for any pending updates.
- Click on Update if the update is not downloaded automatically.
- After the update is installed, restart Google Chrome.
- Open YouTube and check for any improvements.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the menu ( three horizontal bars ).
- Click on Help.
- Select About Firefox.
- Firefox will now look for any pending updates.
- In the About Mozilla Firefox window, you will see an Update to xxx button.
- Click on Update to 72.xx.xx version to download and install the updates.
- After installing the update, relaunch Firefox and check for any improvements.
2. Remove devices from Google Account
Check the added devices
- Open your Google Account. Sign in with your Google account credentials if asked to confirm the details.
- From the Home Screen, open the Security tab.
- Scroll down to Your Devices section.
- Click on Manager your devices.
- Check if multiple devices are added to your account.
- If you find any of the devices that do not belong to you, remove it. You may also remove any recognized device and add it again.
Remove the device
- To remove a device, click the three dots beside the device name.
- Select Sign Out.
- In the pop-up dialogue, click on Sign Out to confirm the action.
- This will logout your account on the selected device.
- Do this for all the devices except your computer or the main device on which the error is occurring.
- Open YouTube again and try to sign in. Check for any improvements.
3. Change Google account password
- Go to Google Account. Sign in with your Google account username and password if asked to confirm.
- Open the Security tab.
- Under Signing in to Google click on Password.
- Enter your current Google account password and sign in.
- Enter your new password. Confirm the password again.
- Click on the Change Password button.
- Open YouTube and sign in with your password and check for any improvements.
3. Reinstall the web browser
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and click OK.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select Google Chrome.
- Click on Uninstall and confirm the action.
- Download and install the latest version of Google Chrome from the official website.
The Oops! Something went wrong YouTube error can occur due to issues with the browser or your Google account. Follow all the steps in this article, one by one, to resolve the error.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
- How to enable autoplay for embedded YouTube videos
- YouTube videos are not playing in Internet Explorer? Try this
- Best YouTube banner creation software [2020 Guide]