Zoom in Microsoft Edge with this new extension
Zoom for Microsoft Edge is a fresh browser extension for Windows 10’s default web browser created by the maker of Turn off the Lights. In Edge, users can zoom in all kinds of ways, but advanced zooming controls are still missing.
While the default zooming options (Ctrl+ for zooming in, Ctrl – for zooming out, or holding down Ctrl-key and using the mouse wheel) all work, they’re limited. There isn’t any option for changing zoom steps, for setting a different default zoom, or for applying a custom zoom level for specific sites.
Zoom for Microsoft Edge
The Edge extension collection includes 25 extensions, which isn’t many considering that support for browser extensions was added last year in the Anniversary Update.
The new set of extensions can be opened in Windows Store. The next time you’re going to open Microsoft Edge when you run the installation on Windows Store, you’re going to get a prompt that needs to be accepted in order to enable the extension and start using it.
The extension adds a new icon to Edge, and you’ll find it once you click the menu icon. Right-click on the icon and you’ll be able to move next to the address bar to make it more accessible.
Zoom for Microsoft Edge features:
- Click the icon and use the slider for changing the zoom level (1-400).
- Click the icon and use the mouse to change the zooming level.
- Enable the “zoom all together” from the preference page to zoom in/out on all open pages at the same time.
- Save the zoom value for all websites.
- Switch between the zoom engine of the default browser and using CSS zoom.
- Display the zooming percentage on the icon.
- Set a default zoom ration for every site and set custom zooming steps.
Zoom for Microsoft Edge is quite a useful extension for the browser, especially for users who are interested in more advanced zoom options and customizations.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- This is why the new version of Microsoft Edge doesn’t impress users
- How to set Microsoft Edge to read your eBooks aloud
- Windows 10 Creators Update CPU improvements make Microsoft Edge better