If you’re looking for a tool to make your pictures less blurry, we’re sure that this article will help you. We know how frustrating it is to realize that most of the pictures you took during your summer holiday are blurred. There can be multiple causes for this issue: maybe the camera was shaking, maybe you didn’t select the best possible settings, or maybe the subject was moving when you took the picture.
The good news is that there are plenty of tools that you can use to fix blurry pictures.
Software to fix blurry pictures
The Movavi Photo Editor
The Movavi Photo Editor is a great tool to make blurry pictures clear. This tool has an intuitive user interface, allowing you to quickly understand what each option does.
Here’s how to use the Movavi Photo Editor:
- Download the software for free
- Add the blurred photo on the working area of the tool
- Start editing the picture: Open the Adjust tab and move the Sharpness slider until it smooths out the fuzziness. You can also use other types of photo correction options: for example, you can move the Contrast and Brightness slider to further improve your pictures.
- Once you’re satisfied with the result, save the photo.
The Movavi Photo Editor also allows you to add effects and filters, crop, flip pictures or change image backgrounds and remove objects.
Smart Deblur is an amazing tool to fix blurry and defocused photos in one go. The program is very easy to use and doesn’t require any specific skills.
Here are Smart Deblur’s main features:
- Fix motion blur: Thanks to automatic shake pattern analysis, the tool allows users to restore lost details in blurry images in just one click.
- Make defocused images readable: Out-of-focus images are pretty hard to restore, but SmartDeblur can make unreadable pictures readable again.
- Undo Gaussian blur: Smart Deblur lets you remove artificial blurs produced by photo editors.
- Fine-tune your pictures: Complex images with combined blurs and/ or defocus are pretty hard to deblur. Thanks to its advanced kernel editor, Smart Deblur also enhances your restored pictures.
You can download Smart Deblur from the tool’s official webpage.
Focus Magic is a powerful tool that uses advanced forensic-like technology to “undo” blur. The software can eliminate both out-of-focus blur and motion blur in order to recover lost detail from blurry images.
You can use Focus Magic to recover information lost due to motion blur, as well as enhance old photos which have high sentimental value.
Focus Magic features:
- Photoshop compatibility: you can use Focus Magic as a plug-in for Photoshop.
- Lifetime Registration: You only ever need to purchase Focus Magic once.
- Free trial
- Plenty of tutorials to get the best of this tool.
You can download Focus Magic from the tool’s official website.
Blurity is a tool that helps you recover blurry images. The software uses millitary-grade “blind deconvolution” technology to make blurry photos clear and text legible. Using it is very simple: install it, launch it, deblur it!
Or as Blurity’s creators put it: “If you were on CSI, you’d just tell the nerdy computer guy: “Enhance!” Here in the real world, your not-so-nerdy self can do the same magic: “Blurity!””
If you’re curios to see what this tool can do, check out the video below:
You can download Blurity from the tool’s official page.
Here are the main features of this tool:
- Ability to restore color and detail to image.
- Micro-contrast tools for fine detail enhancement.
- Estimate blur tool for unknown / complex blur types.
- Targets four types of blur: generic, out-of-focus, straight motion and unknown.
- Easily integrates into any part of your post-processing workflow.
Interested in Topaz InFocus? You can download it from TopazLabs.
If you’ve used other tools to fix blurry images, you can tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Download pictures from Reddit and Imgur with ImageDownloader
- How to run Microsoft Office Picture Manager on Windows 10
- Fix: Can’t upload pictures from my camera on Windows 10