How to Fix Minecraft Errors on Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Minecraft is a great and addictive game that is highly appreciated by worldwide users, whether we are talking about portable and touch based handsets, or even desktop devices. Unfortunately, many users reported Minecraft errors under Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, especially of Nvidia graphic cards and especially after updating the Windows OS.
As you can already tell, we are facing with some graphic card incompatibility as the Nvidia drivers canât properly âcommunicateâ with the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 system. But, donât worry as you can still play Minecraft on your Windows based device as we are here to help you out. Of course this is not the only Nvidia graphic card incompatibility reported by Windows 8 users as some customers also complained about some HDMI issues, which can also be addressed by using a dedicated tutorial (just click on the link from above).
Read Also:Â How to Fix Bad Sectors in Windows 8
Anyway, if you want to fix the Minecraft problems and get back on track, then donât hesitate and apply the guidelines from below. This troubleshooting solution can be applied within a few minutes and can be easily completed even by a newbie so you have nothing to worry about.
How to Fix Minecraft Errors on Windows 8
- First of all, on your device install Java package. You should apply this each time you receive the âThis Application Requires A Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0â error message on Windows 8 â download Java from here.
- Open Minecraft and login with your personal account.
- Then apply the latest updates, if there are such.
- Now, if âbad video card driversâ alert is being displayed, just go to your Start Screen and follow the rest of the steps from below.
- Press âWind + Xâ dedicated keyboard keys and run Device Manager.
- From there head towards âGraphic Driversâ and uninstall your Nvidia drivers.
- Then go to your manufactures official web site (for example Acer, HP, Dell, and so on) â not on the Nvidia web page.
- Download from there the drivers indicated by your manufacturer and in the end install these drivers even in Compatibility mode for Windows 7.Â We also recommend this third-party toolÂ (100% safe and tested by us) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
- In the end run Minecraft one more as you are done.
Good job; you now know how to make Minecraft work on Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 when using a Nvidia graphic card driver. So, was our solution good for you? Feel free and share your experience and thoughts with us and with our readers by using the comments field from below.