Many users reported encountering an error when trying to update their OS to Windows 10 v1903 via Windows Update.
Before the error itself, users would usually receive a message stating that “Your device is missing important security and quality fixes”.
In the end, they would receive error 0xc190012 which seems to persist regardless of the methods they used to bypass it.
I have a issue to install the update 1903. I have error 0xc190012e.
Either through Windows Update or by downloading the iso and running the setup.exe.
More so, the problem doesn’t seem to be associated with any other known issues or processes, as nothing was found even when users reported using the “Reset Windows Update System” Tool.
Additionally, even common solutions such as clearing the cache, using the System File Checker, deleting temp files, chkd or DISM component store check didn’t seem to come up with any solution or allow the update to run its course accordingly.
How to fix Windows 10 update error 0xc190012e
An independent advisor suggested that one possible solution to the problem would be to do the following:
- Right click on Windows Start button
- Select Windows Powershell with Administration rights
- Typing and confirming the following commands one by one:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
After you follow these steps, and without restarting your computer, you should try to see if you can successfully update to 1903.
If the above solutions failed to yield any positive results and you still get the 0xc190012e error, the only solution to fully ensure a successful upgrade is by manually updating your Windows system.
If you still can’t install the latest Windows 10 updates on your computer, these troubleshooting guides may come in handy:
- Windows 10 updates won’t install [6 easy steps to fix the issue]
- Windows 10 updates pending install? Fix them now [QUICK GUIDE]
- How to fix Windows 10 Update and Security tab not working