Fix Windows 8.1 Hangs at ‘Finalizing Your Settings’
Are you having problems while trying to install Windows 8.1 OS? In case you can’t manage to safely end the installation wizard or if you get various hangs at relevant flashing points, such as a screen freeze on ‘Finalizing your settings’, don’t hesitate and use our dedicated troubleshooting solutions.
In that matter you can anytime learn how to offline install Windows 8.1, how to apply the update without using a Live Microsoft Account, or how to get pass the ‘Next You’ll setup your account’ freeze issue. Moreover, by checking the guidelines from below now you can easily learn how to solve the problem that is occurred when receiving the ‘Finalizing Your Settings’ prompt, which is related to the last stage of Windows 8.1 installation process.
As you can see, flashing Windows 8.1 is not as easy as we might think; even though the firmware is free distributed and can be anytime downloaded from Windows Store, more and more users are reporting different issues that are related mainly to the installation process. So, due to same reason we will try to safely address all these problems for you.
How to Fix Windows 8.1 Hangs at ‘Finalizing Your Settings’
First of all, if you are dealing with this problem you should ensure that you have the latest drivers compatible with your device and with the Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 system. So, in order to address this issue, before starting the flashing operation uninstall your drivers; then access your manufacturer official web site and from there download the latest drivers for your laptop, tablet or computer. We also recommend you to download this driver updater tool to do it automatically.
Now, if that isn’t working for you, try to follow and complete the guidelines from below:
- It is recommended to temporarily deactivate your security protection – you should do that because antivirus and antimalware programs might interfere with the Windows installation process.
- Disable the disk utility software, including DVD/CD burning tools or third party defragment programs that you might use on your computer.
- You should apply all the Windows 8 updates before updating to Windows 8.1.
- If external devices are connected to your computer, before starting the flashing operation you should disconnect the same.
- Your hard disk must be checked against errors; in that matter you should run a scan disk operation – open a cmd window and on the same type “chkdsk /r /f”.
By applying these guidelines before starting to install Windows 8.1 on your computer you will be able to prevent issues such as the ‘Finalizing Your Settings’ freeze screen problem. If you are still experiencing issues, don’t hesitate and share your thoughts with us by using the comments field from below and we will assist you as soon as possible.
Using a reliable password is paramount if you want to keep your data safe. There have been numerous data leak and data breach reports in […]
Reports are being circulated that Microsoft intends to drop the People bar feature in the Windows 10 19H1 update. The original report came from a […]