How to block Windows 10, 8, 8.1 from going to Sleep Mode
Sleep mode on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is a default feature that is extremely helpful in various situations. But, if your device is going to sleep too quickly then you should consider in making some changes to the default Windows 10, 8 settings in order to adjust the idle time.
By default your Windows 10, 8 device will go to sleep mode after a pre-settled time, if you are not using your tablet, laptop or desktop. In this way Microsoft is helping you protect your data and in optimizing the power consumption whether you are running your device on its battery or if you are using a physically connection to the electrical network. As you can see, the sleep mode feature is quite useful, though in some situations it might get really annoying and frustrating – for example when your device goes to sleep mode too quickly and really often.
So, due to same reasons I will show you how to keep your Windows 10 and Windows 8 device from going to sleep mode by increasing the idle time.
Prevent PC From Going to Sleep Mode on Windows 8, 10
- Launch the Charm bar on your device by going to your Home Screen and by pressing the “Wind + C” dedicated keyboard keys.
- Choose Settings and then select “Change PC Settings”.
- From the list of options that will be displayed pick Power & Sleep.
- Just change the default settings from the window that will be displayed.
- Also, additionally you can decide to set a screensaver on your Windows 10, 8 device in order to prevent from going to sleep mode.
If you want to block sleep on Windows 10, the steps to follow are quite similar. You need to go to the Settings page, then System and navigate to Power & Sleep. There, use the scroll down menu available under Sleep and select Never for both options (when Windows is running on battery power or you plugged in your computer).
Of course, there are plenty of third-party apps that prevent Windows 10, 8 from going to sleep. However, there’s no need to install them since Windows comes with a dedicated option that allows you to block Sleep Mode.
So, that was all — as you can see preventing your Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 based system from going to sleep mode is quite simple as you only have to modify the default settings from your machine. Anyway, if your problems persists, don’t hesitate and point that out during the comments section from below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: Windows 10, 8, 8.1 Won’t Wake Up From Sleep Mode
- SOLVED: Hibernate and Sleep Issues in Windows 10, 8, 8.1
- Fix: Black screen after sleep in Windows 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2014and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Even though DriverAgent Plus seems like a handy little software that allows you to keep all the drivers on your PC up to date, this […]
A large number of users have reported that their Windows 10 Calendar does not show events. This issue can be extremely frustrating, especially if you […]