Sleep mode on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is a default feature that is extremely helpful in various situations. But, if your device is going to sleep too quickly then you should consider in making some changes to the default Windows 8 settings in order to adjust the idle time.
By default your Windows 8 device will go to sleep mode after a pre-settled time, if you are not using your tablet, laptop or desktop. In this way Microsoft is helping you protect your data and in optimizing the power consumption whether you are running your device on its battery or if you are using a physically connection to the electrical network. As you can see, the sleep mode feature is quite useful, though in some situations it might get really annoying and frustrating – for example when your device goes to sleep mode too quickly and really often.
So, due to same reasons I will show you how to keep your Window s8 and Windows 8 device from going to sleep mode by increasing the idle time.
How to Keep From Going to Sleep Mode on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Launch the Charm bar on your device by going to your Home Screen and by pressing the “Wind + C” dedicated keyboard keys.
- Choose Settings and then select “Change PC Settings”.
- From the list of options that will be displayed pick Power & Sleep.
- Just change the default settings from the window that will be displayed.
- Also, additionally you can decide to set a screensaver on your Windows 8 device in order to prevent from going to sleep mode.
So, that was all; as you can see preventing your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 based system from going to sleep mode is quite simple as you only have to modify the default settings from your machine. Anyway, if your problems persists, don’t hesitate and point that out during the comments section from below.