- Most Valorant error codes are due to server problems and connectivity issues.
- A quick restart of the Valorant client can fix most errors since most changes are made to it during updates.
- TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot are essential to play Valorant on Windows 11.
It is almost inevitable for players to encounter one or two Valorant error codes in the cause of their gaming.
Also, the rate at which players complain about errors is alarming. Hence, we realized the Valorant errors expand beyond just the popular ones.
These errors often occur because of internal problems with Riot Vanguard and some trivial bugs disturbing the game.
Also, improper installation, issues with the current version of Valorant, and outdated Windows might cause some of these errors.
Although, Valorant remains one of the best online first-person hero shooter games. But, these errors are making it quite tasking to enjoy the game.
Therefore, we will examine the top recurring Valorant errors and provide possible troubleshooting solutions.
What does a Valorant error code mean?
Just like every other game, things go wrong with Valorant also. An error code with numbers attached to it shows on your screen whenever this happens.
Each of these numbers works independently, and they are used to point to a specific issue.
The reason for having these numbers is for easy diagnosis; it points straight to the source of the problem. For example, some code errors render the whole game inaccessible, while some do not cause complete blockage.
Why is Valorant giving me an error code?
Consequently, you get an error code from Valorant whenever there is a concern you need to attend to.
So, Valorant sends a message to you through the error code you get and expects you to fix it.
20 most common Valorant errors & how to fix them in 2023?
1. How do I fix error 4 in Valorant?
This code means your Riot display ID is invalid. It doesn’t allow you access to the game because something is wrong with your login identity.
Fix this error by changing your Riot ID with these steps:
- Head over to account.riotgames.com and enter your account credentials to sign in.
- On the Riot account management page, click edit RIOT ID and TAGLINE and save the changes.
- Relaunch the game and log in.
2. What is the meaning of error code VAL 5?
Whenever you get a Valorant error code 5, your account is active elsewhere. Usually, this error causes the game to crash when another device logs in with the same credentials as yours.
Your Riot account is logged into two devices, or someone else has your credentials.
To fix this error, change your Login credentials.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Log out your Riot account from every device logged in.
- Log in to your Riot Games Account.
- Click Riot Account Sign-In.
- Hit the Change Password button, input the current and new password, and confirm it.
- Click Save Changes.
3. Error code VAL 1
This error code signifies two things. First, it could be a connection error, or Valorant can’t access your entire PC. In this case, it might be impossible to connect to the server.
Fix this error by running Valiant as an administrator.
- Press Windows, and search for Valorant.
- Select the app, then click Run as an administrator.
4. How to fix Valorant error code 7?
This error code means that Valorant cannot connect to the session service. However, you can get this kind of error if you have a suspension on your Riot account. Also, an update may be going on, which could cause the server to be down.
Check the Riot servers to fix this error:
- Go to the Riot Games support site banner.
- Click on Service status at the right top corner.
- Next, select your region and click Current Messages to display the server situation in your area.
If a server update occurs, you must wait until it’s done. However, if there is none, try to restart your PC.
5. How to fix the error code VAL 19?
Error code VAL 19 is a connection error on Valorant. This occurs when the Riot Client fails to initiate the connection correctly.
This problem directly stems from the Riot client and not the game itself. Also, the error has been more predominant after the patch 3.12 update.
To fix this error, Restart the Riot Client.
- Press the Windows key, input Task Manager, and launch it.
- Locate all the processes with the Riot Games or Valorant logo.
- Right-click on each of them and select End Task.
- Restart PC to take effect.
After successfully doing these, launch your game, and everything should be fixed with the Riot Client and the connection issue.
6. What does Error code VAL 29 mean?
Whenever you have a network issue, you get the error code 29. In other words, it signifies something wrong with your network. Mainly, firewalls cause this issue, blocking the game from accessing the internet.
Allow Valorant through the Firewall for a quick fix.
- Press the Windows key, input the control panel, and launch it.
- Click the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Go to the left pane of the screen, then click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then, press Change settings to add Valorant to the authorized apps in your firewall.
- Browse for Valorant and click open.
- Click add, tick the boxes next to the button, and select OK to save the changes.
- Restart the PC to take effect.
7. What does the VAL 31 error mean?
Error code 31 is another network communication issue. It means that Valorant failed to get player name information. This can occur when there is a malfunction with the game, which is usually not serious.
The major causes of this error are unstable network connection, server issues, and maybe minor bugs from the Riot game client.
To fix this, restart the Riot client just like the error code VAL 19 above.
8. How do I fix Valorant error code 33?
This error code means the Riot Client process was closed. Unfortunately, this is one of the most common errors among Valorant gamers. It usually occurs mid-game and causes the game to crash.
Since the issue stems from the Riot Client, you can fix this error by closing and restarting Riot Client following the guide in error code VAL 19.
9. What does VAL error 39 mean?
This means the Riot game’s servers are offline in your location or generally. However, this occurs when there is a significant update, and it requires shutting down the whole Riot server.
Players get this error code mostly when there’s maintenance going on. The pop-up message displays, There was an error connecting to the platform. Please restart your game, client.
There are two options to fix this issue, as highlighted below:
- First, restart the game as suggested in the error code.
- If there is a server issue, wait patiently until they restore the server.
10. What is the error code Val 43 in Valorant?
Whenever you get the error code 43, the system times out, which means a connection problem preventing your game client from reaching the Riot server.
Typically, this error occurs during maintenance and updates. So, to fix it, you should restart your game client and wait a bit before launching Valorant. This should automatically solve the problem.
11. What is the error code VAL 44?
This error displays Vanguard not initialized. This is a typical error players come across when playing Valorant.
It occurs when the Valorant game client and the Vanguard anti-cheat system disagree. Also, when the Riot Vanguard anti-cheat file is corrupt, error code 44 can appear.
Uninstall Riot Vanguard to fix this error.
- Proper click Riot Vanguard from the System Tray icon, then click Exit Vanguard.
- Press Windows key + I to launch the Settings app.
- Click Apps and expand Apps & Features from the left pane.
- Locate Riot Vanguard, click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Confirm the process and restart your PC.
12. What is Valorant error 45?
Valorant error code 45 indicates that Vanguard needs a reboot. However, it usually happens when there is an issue with the Riot Vanguard.
Since Valorant depends on the Riot Vanguard to function effectively, the game automatically crashes when this error pops up.
Delete Riot Client Settings File in the AppData Directory to fix this error.
- Press Windows key + R to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Input %AppData% and click OK to open the Appdata.
- Then, navigate with this path:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Riot Games\Riot Client\Data
- Delete the RiotClientPrivateSettings.yaml file.
- Close the File Explorer and run Valorant as an administrator.
13. What does Error code 46 mean?
This error code means that the platform is experiencing some downtime. Besides, it gives engineers time to work on the forum. It will be impossible to initiate maintenance on the game when it is active. Hence, the Riot client won’t be available.
However, the only thing players can do when faced with Error code 46 here is sit back and wait patiently for the game to be restored.
14. What does Error code VAL 49 mean?
This error code indicates that Chat did not initialize. Thus, it notifies the player that the chats are not loading correctly. However, this error can be fixed quickly, and sometimes, it may require deep troubleshooting.
To fix this error,
- Restart the Riot client: This is the first thing you should do whenever you encounter error code 49. It will help the Riot vanguard program sync better.
- Check if your system specifications meet Valorant’s standards: So, visit Valorant’s official website for details, and compare them with your system properties.
- Also, you can contact Riot support for assistance. They will put you through what to do to get it fixed.
15. How do I fix error code 128 on Valorant?
Valorant error code 128 occurs when the Riot Vanguard cannot initialize. Mostly, players encounter this error when a program on their computer conflicts with the Vanguard anti-cheat program.
Disable the Windows testing mode to fix this error.
- Press the Windows key, input Command Prompt and launch it.
- Input the following commands:
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
bcdedit -set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF
- Reboot your computer and launch Valorant.
16. What is Van code 68?
Valorant error code 68 represents Incorrect network configuration. However, it can be caused by incorrect network settings and firewall blockage. Consequently, the Valorant client won’t be able to connect to Valorant servers.
To fix this problem, Reset your network configuration.
- Press the Windows key, input Command Prompt and launch it.
- Input the following commands one-by-one:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /renewipconfig /flushdns
- Then restart your computer to sync the configuration into the system.
17. How do I fix error code VAL 81?
Error code Val 81 indicates a connection error. Either internet connection issues or Valorant server issues can cause this connection error. Also, if you launch the Riot client badly, it can result in the matter.
Performing a deep reboot on the Riot client will fix this issue.
- Press the Windows key, input Task Manager, and launch it.
- Locate the Valorant app, right-click on it, and select End task.
- Then relaunch Valorant.
Alternatively, you can also allow Riot Vanguard to fix it through the Windows Firewall Defender.
18. How do I fix Val 51 code?
This is a content service failure, according to Valorant’s developers. It occurs when you launch the Valorant client badly, and it cannot retrieve content from the game’s servers.
A simple game restart should fix this error.
19. What does Error code VAL 52 mean?
This means that Valorant has a Problem fetching skill information for players. However, a lousy startup for the Valorant client can cause this error if the servers are down.
Hence, do these two things to fix it:
- First, restart the Riot client and relaunch the game.
- Restart your Router and PC to fix internet connection issues.
- Submit an error ticket to the Support team.
20. What does Error code Van 1067 mean?
This error occurs when you upgrade your Pc to Windows 11. However, it occurs due to the absence of either Secure Boot or TPM 2.0.
Enable TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot for a quick fix:
- Press the Shift key + Restart to reboot your PC to Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
- Navigate to Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options.
- Click on UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Go to the Security tab, locate the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and enable it.
- Also, find Secure Boot and enable it. Based on different PCs, the UEFI settings are usually different.
These are the 20 familiar Valorant error codes players complain about. Follow the fixes provided to solve them effectively.
Another error that seems to trouble many is Valorant’s Error code: 59, but a quick network reset or changing the IP address and DNS server should fix things.
How do I talk to Valorant support?
- Click this link to visit the official Valorant website
- Then click Can’t find what you’re looking for? Submit A Ticket.
- Choose a request type and sign in.
- Input the subject and choose your inquiry.
- You’ll then input the necessary information in the description box
- Attach the required documents and click submit.
You’ll receive an email that confirms that your ticket is processed immediately. Although, it takes 5 to 24 hours for Valorant support to respond to tickets. Because of the increase in complaints and support requests, responses can be delayed a bit.
Check out our guide for further reading on how to fix Valorant not working on Windows 11. Also, we have an article that troubleshoots mouse stuttering in Valorant error.
You can leave your questions and suggestions below, and we’d like to hear from you.