Fix: Side-by-Side Configuration Error in Windows 10
Windows 10 might be the latest version of Windows, but it still suffers from some old problems. One of common problem that other versions of Windows have is the side-by-side configuration error, and this error has managed to find its way to Windows 10 as well, but worry not, there’s a way how to fix this error.
How to Fix Side-by-Side Configuration Error in Windows 10
Side-by-side error occurs on all versions of Windows usually when you try to install or update certain software and it is caused by conflict between the software that you’re trying to update or install and files in the C++ runtime libraries. These C++ libraries are part of Windows operating system, and often they get updated when you install Microsoft software or sometimes a third party software. If you’re experiencing side-by-side configuration error you might want to try these solutions to fix it:
Solution 1 – Repair or reinstall the software
- Open Settings and go to System > Apps & features.
- Select the program that is giving you this error and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. If there’s an option to repair the program choose it.
- If there’s no repair option, choose Uninstall and after the process is completed install this software again.
Solution 2 – Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ installations and install them again
If repairing or reinstalling the application doesn’t help try doing the same with Microsoft Visual C++ packages. Open Settings and navigate to System, then choose Apps & features. Find all Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall them one by one. Now you need to download these files:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86/x64/ARM)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86/x64/ARM)
If you’re using 32-bit version of Windows remember that you only need to download packages with x86 in its name. Install all the packages and restart your Windows 10.
If the issue isn’t resolved then it might be the best for you to contact Microsoft’s support and ask a certified technician what is the cause of this problem. Side-by-side is an easy to fix error, but it can give you a lot of trouble, and sadly it’s present in all versions of Windows, and Windows 10 is not an exception.
Read Also: Fix: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR in Windows 10
Microsoft announced the Surface Hub 2 almost a year ago and recently shared more details on the product line. Surface Hub 2X will hit the […]
The Error loading player: No playable sources found message signals a problem that happened while an online video was loading on your browser. Shortly, when this […]
Steam is a platform on which lots of competitive games can be played, but sometimes you might encounter Your connection to matchmaking servers is not […]