5 best video calibration software to enhance video quality
Video calibration software is used to enhance the quality of commercial video reproduction and lots of great organizations established standards for the proper transmission and also the display of video signals.
Sound calibration is able to remove the unwanted coloration from your headphones and your studio speakers to get the highest-quality results.
There are a lot of video calibration programs out there, and we gathered five of the best ones on the market just to help you out and make your choice much easier. Check out their most important features and decide which one will best suit your needs.
Best video calibration software to get right now
- DisplayCAL (Formerly known as dispcalGUI)
- Audioholics – free HDTV calibration procedure
- Reference 4 from Sonarworks
1. DisplayCAL (Formerly known as dispcalGUI)
DisplayCAL is a display calibration and profiling software that focuses on accuracy and versatility. The program’s core is Argyll CMS which is an open source color management system that’s used to take measurements, create profiles and calibrations and perform more advanced color-related functionalities.
Check out the best features included in the service:
- You will be able to calibrate and characterize your display devices using one of the many supported measurement tools.
- The program supports multi-display setups and various options available for advanced users.
- The software includes a verification and reporting functionality that evaluates ICC profiles and display devices.
- You can create video 3D LUTs and optional CIECAM02 gamut mapping.
- The software comes with the support of colorimeter corrections for all kinds of devices for enhancing accuracy.
- Another great feature is the check display device uniformity through measurements.
You will also have a test chart editor available and the opportunity to create synthetic ICC profiles with custom primaries and more.
You can check out more detailed information about DisplayCAL’s features on the official website where you can also get the software. It’s also worth noting the fact that this program is free software and you will be able to redistribute and modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
By using DisplayMate, you can calibrate your HDTV. To get things going, you will need to connect the HDTV to a PC running Windows, and this will be really easy to do.
Once you do this, your HDTV will be able to show your Windows Desktop, and then it will function as a huge PC monitor. This will let you view all your Windows apps on your large screen HDTV, and it will also allow the program to fine-tune the picture quality for each of the HDTV inputs.
Check out the essential features that come packed in the program below:
- DisplayMate works by automatically showing the user a slideshow of specialized test pattern images.
- You can configure the program according to your needs and interests via the following modes: Novice, Express, Standard, and Complete.
- If you are a Novice user, the software comes with the Novice Mode with a unique set of light and simple instructions and patterns.
- Most test patterns are designed for visual evaluation and adjustments by eye.
- The program comes with special suites for setting up, calibrating, adjusting, turning up and evaluating as well.
DisplayMate for Windows supports digital DVI and HDMI besides analog VGA, Component Video, Composite Video, and S-Video. You’ll be able to connect to any projector, monitor or HDTV. Check out more details on the program and get it from the official website of DisplayMate.
ChromaPure is a video calibration software that comes with a few great features such as the following:
- You have the option of Pre-Calibration which is where you take measurements of your display in the before state.
- The program’s interface is effortless to use.
- The Calibration button will lead you to the place where you will do your work.
- The Post-Calibration is where you will take another set of measurements just like the pre-measurements just to check your results after calibration.
- The program also includes the import and the export tools that will allow you to save session files and load them back into the program.
- The software also comes with a lumens calculator.
- The raw data is simply a tool that helps you take single or continuous measurements.
The software is designed to be familiar to anyone who has ever used a smartphone or a tablet, and all you have to do is to click on the buttons from the home page to open any of the modules that we have mentioned before. Each one of the modules performs a different video calibration function as described.
You can check out more of the software’s features, and you can also get it from the official website of ChromaPure.
4. Audioholics – free HDTV calibration procedure
Modern TV sets are able to display almost perfect images, and hi-res digital TV-reception and current display tech allow this into your very own home. Take a look at some of the features of this free HDTV calibration below:
- You can adjust the brightness, contrast and tint settings and these are the most important calibrations.
- After this, you will be able to adjust the color settings when the contrast and brightness are set correctly.
Before adjusting your screen, it’s essential to have some realistic viewing conditions. It’s recommended that you avoid as many environmental disturbances as possible and it’s also a great idea to have two adjustments saved on your monitor or TV. These will be one for the night and the other for the daylight conditions. You can check out more advice on how to calibrate your HDTV for free on this website.
5. Reference 4 from Sonarworks
With this software, you will be able to remove unwanted coloration from studio speakers and headphones. Reference 4 includes three modules, and they are the following:
- DAW plugin: this is a reference sound combined with true zero-latency processing; it comes with calibration profiles, filter modes and predefines simulations for all users.
- Systemwide app: this works at the OS level, and it calibrates all outgoing audio.
- Room measurement software: this includes a user-friendly and streamlined process that is able to measure room acoustics, and the program will automatically locate the mic in your room.
The software also comes with three editions: Headphone edition, studio edition, and premium bundle.
- The headphone edition is best suited for sound creation on headphones.
- The studio edition provides the full package to work on headphones and speakers from your studio.
- The premium bundle includes the Reference 4 Studio Edition and the amazing pre-calibrated Sennheiser HD650 headphones.
With Reference 4, you will be able to measure the frequency response from any pair of headphones and the program will automatically locate the mic positioning via acoustic trilateration. The tool calculates the acoustic power that is received by the listener in a defined listening spot or listening area. You can check out more of this software’s features and try it out even for free on the Reference 4 official website.
These are the best five tools for calibrating video and audio. You can head to their official websites and check out more of their features and get the programs to test them yourselves just to see how they work. These are all high-quality tools for calibrating audio and video that come packed with extremely useful features and user-friendly interfaces.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 3 best eye control software for PC
- 14 best HDD health check software for PC users
- 12 best DVD authoring software to create perfect video content
Errors like the avipbb.sys can be very frustrating for a beginner to fix. Even some professionals might encounter issues while fixing this error. Having this […]
Microsoft rolled out new features to Microsoft Teams — an enterprise chat-based collaboration solution. Enterprise users will find there is a new Microsoft Whiteboard integration […]
Microsoft releases another batch of cumulative updates for various versions of Windows 10 on the third Tuesday of the month. Although the update brings plenty of […]