- Video and audio calibration software aims to improve the quality of video reproduction.
- Adobe's app is a great video calibration tool for both professionals and amateurs.
- You'll find below an HDTV calibration solution, that features special suites for setting up, calibrating, and adjusting as well.
- There are plenty of video calibration options on the market, with their own set of features, that will help you adjust color and sound.
Video calibration software is used to enhance the quality of commercial video reproduction. Lots of great organizations established standards for the proper transmission and the display of video signals.
Sound calibration is able to remove unwanted coloration from your headphones and your studio speakers to get the highest-quality results.
There are a lot of video calibration programs out there, and we gathered five of the best ones on the market just to help you out and make your choice much easier.
Check out their most important features and decide which one will best suit your needs.
What is the best video calibration software?
In today’s digital world, we are totally surrounded by various video calibration software tools to pick from. Adobe Premiere Pro is a powerful program that has been designed for just one purpose.
We are talking about giving you cutting-edge video editing features. Firstly, keep in mind that you can edit footage in any desired format. After all, it supports 8K videos and even higher.
Since immersing viewers in a unique virtual reality is often the goal of any video, Premiere Pro clearly comes with Immersive VR Support. It is easier than ever before to create unique stories in VR 180.
In fact, you have access to multiple tools that help you do more than just basic video editing.
Video calibration works flawlessly, you can enjoy faster ProRes HDR to master your media with ease and an extremely flexible interface.
Some other key features that you’ll most likely appreciate:
- Multiple video effects at your disposal – keying, colorizing, and lighting, to name a few
- Impressive color manipulation features
- Quick Blur may be applied to very large areas
- Simultaneous video editing is supported
- Premiere Rush is part of the package; that’s a great all-in-one app that works across all devices
- It interacts extremely well with other Adobe software products you may already use, including Photoshop, Adobe Audition, and After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
The industry-leading video editing software, Adobe Premiere Pro is a great tool that will enhance the quality of your videos.
DisplayCAL is a display calibration and profilingthat focuses on accuracy and versatility.
The program’s core is Argyll CMS, an open-source color management system used to take measurements, create profiles, calibrations and perform advanced color-related functionalities.
You will also have a test chart editor available and the opportunity to create synthetic ICC profiles with custom primaries and more.
It’s also worth noting the fact that this program is free software and you will be able to redistribute and modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Check out the best features included in the service:
- You will be able to calibrate and characterize your display devices using one of the many supported measurement tools
- The program supports multi-display setups and various options available for advanced users
- The software includes a verification and reporting functionality that evaluates ICC profiles and display devices
- You can create video 3D LUTs and optional CIECAM02 gamut mapping
- The software comes with the support of colorimeter corrections for all kinds of devices for enhancing accuracy
- Another great feature is the check display device uniformity through measurements
By using DisplayMate, you can calibrate your HDTV. To get things going, you will need to connect the HDTV to a PC running Windows, and this will be really easy to do.
Once you do this, your HDTV will be able to show your Windows Desktop, and then it will function as a huge PC monitor.
This will let you view all your Windows apps on your large screen HDTV, and it will also allow the program to fine-tune the picture quality for each of the HDTV inputs.
DisplayMate for Windows supports digital DVI and HDMI besides analog VGA, Component Video, Composite Video, and S-Video. You’ll be able to connect to any projector, monitor or HDTV.
Check out the essential features that come packed in the program below:
- DisplayMate works by automatically showing the user a slideshow of specialized test pattern images
- You can configure the program according to your needs and interests via the following modes: Novice, Express, Standard, and Complete
- If you are a Novice user, the tool comes with the Novice Mode with a unique set of light and simple instructions and patterns
- Most test patterns are designed for visual evaluation and adjustments by eye
- The program comes with special suites for setting up, calibrating, adjusting, turning up and evaluating as well
ChromaPure is a video calibration software that comes with a few great features. The software is designed to be familiar to anyone who has ever used a smartphone or a tablet.
All you have to do is to click on the buttons from the home page to open any of the modules that we have mentioned before.
Each one of the modules performs a different video calibration function as described.
Here are the best features of ChromaPure:
- You have the option of Pre-Calibration which is where you take measurements of your display in the before state
- The program’s interface is effortless to use
- The Calibration button will lead you to the place where you will do your work
- The Post-Calibration is where you will take another set of measurements just like the pre-measurements just to check your results after calibration
- The program also includes the import and the export tools that will allow you to save session files and load them back into the program
- The Software also comes with a lumens calculator
- The raw data is simply a tool that helps you take single or continuous measurements
With this software, you will be able to remove unwanted coloration from studio speakers and headphones. Reference 4 includes three modules.
DAW plugin mode, is a reference sound combined with true zero-latency processing, it comes with calibration profiles, filter modes and predefines simulations for all users.
Systemwide app mode works at the OS level, and it calibrates all outgoing audio.
Room measurement software mode includes a user-friendly and streamlined process that is able to measure room acoustics, and the program will automatically locate the mic in your room.
With Reference 4, you will be able to measure the frequency response from any pair of headphones and the program will automatically locate the mic positioning via acoustic trilateration.
The tool calculates the acoustic power that is received by the listener in a defined listening spot or listening area.
The software also comes with three editions: Headphone edition, studio edition, and premium bundle. The headphone edition is best suited for sound creation on headphones.
The studio edition provides the full package to work on headphones and speakers from your studio.
The premium bundle includes the Reference 4 Studio Edition and the amazing pre-calibrated Sennheiser HD650 headphones.
These are the best five tools for calibrating video and audio. You can head to their official websites and check out more of their features and get the programs to test them yourselves just to see how they work.
These are all high-quality tools for calibrating audio and video that come packed with extremely useful features and user-friendly interfaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are multiple options available, and you can use any of these best video calibration software.
To improve video quality you need a dedicated program. Check our list including the best software to improve the quality of your videos.
It can be hard to find the proper software, but we have prepared a guide including the best video editing software you can find.