- 9Now keeps freezing or buffering midway is a common issue, which primarily occurs due to a glitch with the network connectivity.
- While the recommended Internet speed to watch 9Now TV is 0.6 Mbps, there could also be an issue with the router.
- Too many users or devices on the same network, high data consumption, or busy traffic hours can also cause Now TV to buffer.
If the 9Now app keeps freezing or buffering every now and then on your computer or TV, you are at the right place.
The video streaming can start and stop midway which is naturally a bummer for the viewers.
If the 9Now TV keeps buffering, it could be primarily due to an issue with the Internet connection, however, there could be other reasons as well.
But, if you are looking for the best browsers to watch 9Now on your computer or smart TV, here are some of the browsers we recommend for the best experience.
Why does 9Now keep freezing?
There could be several different reasons why you may be facing the 9Now playback error when you try to watch movies or shows on your browser or smart TV:
- Slow Internet connection speed
- Multiple devices connected to the single network
- Uploading or downloading large files
- Playing data-consuming online games simultaneously
- High-traffic times during the day
- The 9Now app server is down
While there are quite a few reasons why 9Now keeps buffering, a problem with the Internet or its speed is the primary cause in most cases.
To have the best experience watching 9Now TV, the network speed should be as below:
- Low picture quality – 0.6 Mbps
- Good picture quality – 1.8 Mbps
- High Definition (SD) – 3.0 Mbps
Having said that, test your Internet connection speed using our recommended best Internet speed testers for Windows 10/11.
Before you try the troubleshooting steps below, check if the Now TV server is down. To do that, visit a dedicated website like the Downinspector.
Since 9Now is a streaming service from Australia, the connection can buffer or load slowly if you are watching inside the US. Having a reliable and fast browser like Opera can enhance the streaming session.
Thanks to the in-built VPN that can change your location whenever you have lag or difficulties connecting, Opera is a browser that can be used on all your devices.
Increase the quality of 9Now streaming, and change your location if needed with the built-in VPN.
What can I do if 9Now keeps buffering?
1. Restart your router
- Switch off the router and unplug the cable. Leave it for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Plug the router back again after 30 seconds and turn it on.
- Once you see its lights are stable, turn on your device and 9now keeps freezing issue should be fixed
2. Switch from Wi-Fi to a cable connection
- Shut down your PC/laptop and connect one end of an Ethernet cable to your modem.
- Now, connect the other end to your PC/laptop.
- Next, disconnect the modem from its power source and let it be on standby for 30 seconds.
- Connect the modem back again to the power source after 30 seconds.
- Now, turn on the modem and wait till all its lights are stable.
You can now boot your PC and check if the 9Now videos are playing.
3. Improve your Wi-Fi signal
- Try to shift your router to a new location, preferably a centralized location.
- Check for any interference like cordless phones, microwaves, or similar other wireless devices, and try to keep them away from your Wi-Fi router.
- Try to keep your router in a raised position like on a shelf, and it performs best that way.
This should help you get rid of the 9Now keeps buffering issue and continue to watch your favorite shows.
What can I do if 9Now is not working on a smart TV?
Users often complain that 9Now is not working and it’s mostly the case with smart TVs.
While the troubleshooting methods mentioned below are usually for the Samsung smart TVs, these changes are also applicable to other brands:
- Check if your Internet connection is working
- Delete the app and re-install it, just like you would do on your smartphone
- If using a smart stick or Now TV box, simply unplug it and then plug it back
- Make sure that your smart TV is updated to the latest version
- Clear the cache of the Now TV app from the TV settings
- Do a factory reset of your smart TV
If nothing works, you may contact Now TV customer support for further assistance.
At the same time, make sure you do not use too many devices on the same network to speed up the 9Now streaming.
Also, try to reduce the data consumption by not downloading any large files or playing online games simultaneously.
Moreover, you can also avoid the high-traffic hours or wait for the 9Now servers to be back up and running.
However, if 9Now keeps logging you out, you can refer to the troubleshooting steps in our detailed post.
If you are facing any other issues with the 9Now TV, do let us know in the comments box below.