- 9Now is Nine network's popular video-on-demand service in Australia that helps you stream videos across devices (mobile devices, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, etc.) for free.
- Along with the new shows, this catch-up TV service also allows you to watch the previous episodes of all its programs whenever you want.
- Additionally, you can also use a compatible browser to stream TV shows, live sports, news, and more on your PC and Smart TV.
If you are fan of the 9Now TV by Channel 9, the good news is, you can watch your favorite shows on your computer or Smart TV using a browser.
You can even stream content on your PC and Smart TV, using your browser, however, make sure it’s compatible and not geo-blocked.
So, if you are trying to watch 9Now outside the region, you can try these best VPNs for video streaming in our detailed post for uninterrupted entertainment.
Can I watch 9Now on my computer?
Yes, you can watch 9Now on your PC using a compatible browser on the web and an active internet connection.
While 9Now recommends the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge, you can also use a few other browsers to watch your favorite shows in & outside Australia.
How do I connect 9Now to my TV?
To watch 9Now on your Smart TV using a browser, you must activate it, however, you need a second device for the activation.
It can be a PC/ laptop or you can activate the channel even through your mobile/ tablet app as show below:
- Launch 9Now on your browser and click on Connect Your TV at the top right.
- On the next page, select from Log in to your Nine Account or Create a Nine Account.
- Next, open the channel on your TV, select an episode of a show you want to watch and sign in with the 9Now log in details.
- Now, enter the 6 digit code on your computer that you see on your TV.
Once done, your TV should be activated in the next 30 seconds and the selected show should start playing.
Below are a few of our best browser recoommendations for a high-quality video streaming experience with 9Now.
What are the best browsers for 9Now?
Opera – Fastest browser for video streaming
One of the best browsers for streaming videos on 9Now, Opera takes the cake in terms of ease of use, speed, and privacy.
It also consumes much lesser resources compared to the other popular browsers in the category.
Besides, it makes your binge-watching experience even better with the video pop-out feature that helps you multitask while you enjoy.
You can make the tab (that’s playing the video) float in a separate window on top of the other windows, and even resize it.
However, it also boasts some other major features that include:
- Built-in ad-blocker and VPN
- Speed dial
- Loads web pages faster
- Highly customizable
- Integrated messenger apps for Facebook and Whatsapp
Watch your desired Australian shows on 9Now using this fully private and unique browser.
Google Chrome – Never-ending extensions
While Google Chrome is the clear winner in terms of popularity, it also works as a great browser for the 9now TV.
One of the best Chromium-based browsers around, Chrome works faster in Windows 10 and hence, you can get the best streaming experience on this Windows version.
Its wide range of useful extensions also includes some of the well-known VPNs that help you watch 9Now on your browser, even outside the region.
Besides, if you are using Chrome on your mobile device to watch your favorite shows, you can even sync passwords, bookmarks, and settings effortlessly.
Some of its other key features are:
- Simple yet beautiful UI
- Easy to use
- Fast and secure
- Super fast on MacBooks
- Extensive extensions library
Mozilla Firefox – Most secure browser
When looking for the best browser for 9Now and one that’s compatible, Firefox meets all the requirements with ease.
The browser is known for its super effective privacy mode that deletes all your browsing history and cookies and also blocks 3rd party trackers.
Moreover, it can also hide your web address searches through your ISP using the DNS instead of HTTPS.
Also, if you are using its mobile app, you can share a webpage tab with other devices that are logged in with your syncing account.
Below are some more of its important features:
- Allows you to save a page to Pocket
- Fingerprint protection
- Excellent interface
- Highly customizable
- Password management service called Lockwise
Why can’t I get 9Now on my smart TV?
When trying to watch the 9Now shows through the app on your smart TV, it may sometimes fails to work.
It could be because you have not installed the latest version of the app on your TV. Hence, you must update the 9Now app as shown below:
- On your smart TV remote, press the Menu or the Smart Hub button.
- If you pressed Menu, select Smart Hub.
- From the Smart Hub options, select App & Game Auto Update and then press ON.
Once done, the app will update automatically each time a latest version is available and you should not encounter any problems with the 9Now app on your smart TV.
So, if you are looking for a browser to binge on your favorite 9Now TV shows, live sports, etc., our list of browsers can help you with the best experience.
At the same time, you would not want any interruption while streaming, and hence, you can refer to our detailed guide on the best browsers for watching videos.
If you are looking for the best browsers for any other streaming service, do let us know in the comments box below.