How to Access Webcam Settings in Windows 10, 8.1
As always Windows 10, 8.1 came with a whole lot of different ways to access the settings menu for different devices on your Windows PC or laptop and the webcam settings are no different from the others. Fortunately for us, there is a very easy tutorial below on how we can get to the webcam settings and setup everything we need from there.
First of all we need to know if we have our webcam functioning correctly because if it is a hardware malfunction you will have to call your webcam or PC manufacturer to resolve the issue or send you a new webcam. Nevertheless, it is always a good idea to check the wiring from the webcam and be sure you have it powered up.
We recommend you to download this tool to fix various PC problems, such as hardware failure, malware, and file loss. It will also optimize your PC for maximum performance.
How we can get to webcam settings in Windows 10, 8.1
If the Windows 10, 8.1 PC or laptop has a built in webcam or a wired webcam we can use the Windows 8 app to access the webcam settings needed.
We can use a few different methods to open the webcam app.
- If you are in the Start screen of Windows 10, 8.1 we need to click (left click) on the “Webcam” app.Also another way to open the Camera app is within the desktop (we can access this by going with the mouse to the lower right side of the screen or swipe from the right side to the center of the screen if you have a tablet for example).
- Click(left click) on “Search”.
- Type “Camera” in the search box presented.
- Click(left click) on the “Camera” icon presented in the results of the search.
- A third method on how to access the webcam settings is from your locked user screen, all you have to do is left click and drag down to open the webcam app.
- To enter the webcam settings we need to right click inside the webcam app when we are taking a photo.
- You will need to click (left click) on the settings you want to change like: “change to a different webcam”, “Set the self-timer”, “Change the exposure” and “ Spot adjust”. These settings might differ depending on what your webcam is able to do for example your webcam might not support the “Spot adjust” option therefore you won’t have it in the settings menu.
We can go to the webcam settings in Windows 10, 8.1 from the webcam or camera app as well.
- You will need to open the camera or webcam app, go with your mouse to the lower right corner of the screen and click (left click) on “Settings”. After you are in Settings menu we need to click (left click) on “Options”.
- From the “Options” menu you have in front of the screen you can adjust the settings of the webcam according to your needs. Some of the available settings you might have there are the “Show or hide grid lines”, Turn the microphone on or off”, and “Turn video stabilization on or off”.
So there you go, in just a few seconds of your time you can access the camera or webcam settings in Windows 10, 8.1 and customize them for your personal use. In case you cannot use some important features, try to access them via a third-party camera software which will replace you these options and will allow you access many interesting features.
Fix various webcam issues in Windows 10, 8.1
In case you encounter some webcam related problems, its ‘Settings’ are not a solution. You will need a full fix in order to get the job done, especially if the camera is not working on your Windows 10, 8.1 and even 7 PC. For this error, we have a dedicated fix article with multiple solutions that will help you.
Some Toshiba users reported issues with their laptop webcam. If you are one of these users, check this guide as it will manage your camera to work smoothly. For all other users that have other laptop brands, they can simply not access their camera on their Windows 10, 8.1 or 7 systems while using Skype, but, as you can guess, we also have an answer for this issue in this article.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
The DNS server, short for Domain Name Server is where the management, maintenance and processing of Internet domain names take place. Or in simple terms, […]
Getting the perfect gift for FIFA fans is actually an easy job. Basically, you get them anything related to their favorite game and you’ll make […]
Microsoft added Tablet mode to Windows 10 primarily for 2-in-1 laptops and tablets, such as the Surface Pro. Tablet mode displays a start screen from […]