- If you wish to customize your video output, you need to access the Windows 10 webcam settings.
- Doing that is quite easy, and we showcased some quick methods to do it.
- The camera settings are present on any Windows OS, so don't worry about not finding it.
- This guide works for built-in laptop webcams and separate ones that can be plugged in.
As always Windows 10 came with a whole lot of different ways to access the settings menu for different devices on your Windows 10 PC or laptop and the webcam settings are no different from the others.
Fortunately for us, there is a very easy tutorial below on how we can get to the webcam settings and setup everything we need from there.
First of all, you need to know if your webcam is working as intended because if it is a hardware malfunction you will have to call your webcam or PC manufacturer to resolve the issue or send you a new webcam.
Nevertheless, it is always a good idea to check the wiring from the webcam and be sure you have it powered up.
If the Windows 10 PC or laptop has a built-in webcam or a wired webcam we can use the Windows 10 app to access the webcam settings needed.
We can use a few different methods to open the camera app.
How can I access the webcam settings on Windows 10?
1. From the Start screen
- If you are on the Start Screen of Windows 10, click on the Camera app, and select Search.
- Type Camera in the search box presented.
- Click on the Camera icon presented in the results of the search.
- To enter the webcam settings we need to right-click inside the Webcam app.
- You will need to click on the settings you want to change like: change to a different webcam, Set the self-timer, Change the exposure and Spot adjust.
- These settings might differ depending on what your webcam is able to do for example your webcam might not support the Spot adjust option, therefore, you won’t have it in the settings menu.
You can open the Camera app on the desktop. You can access this by going with the mouse to the lower right side of the screen or swipe from the right side to the center of the screen if you have a tablet for example.
If your Windows 10 search box is missing, get it back right away with this article dedicated to enabling the Cortana search box.
2. From the camera app
- You will need to open the camera or Webcam app, go with your mouse to the lower right corner of the screen and click on Settings.
- After you are in the Settings menu we need to click on Options.
- From the Options menu you have in front of the screen you can adjust the settings of the webcam according to your needs.
- Some of the available settings you might have there is the Show or hide gridlines, Turn the microphone on or off and Turn video stabilization on or off.
We can go to the webcam settings in Windows 10 from the camera app as well.
If you’re interested in how to change the save location of your photos on Windows 10, check out this guide dedicated to changing the camera save location that will help you do just that.
So there you go, in just a few seconds of your time, you can access the camera or webcam settings in Windows 10 and customize them for your personal use.
In case you cannot use some important features, try to access them via a third-party camera software which will replace these options and will allow you access to many interesting features.
3. Fix various webcam issues in Windows 10
In case you encounter some webcam-related problems, its Settings are not a solution. You will need a full fix in order to get the job done, especially if the camera is not working on your Windows 10 PC.
Updating your drivers is a crucial process for your computer’s health and safety. It will prevent your PC from crashing, run your applications normally, and increase your download speed.
On the other hand, outdated and broken drivers make your devices vulnerable to malware and cybercriminals. Updating them regularly will help patch security flaws and fully protect your data.
For all other users that have other laptop brands, they can simply not access their camera on their Windows 10 systems while using Skype.
Some Toshiba users reported issues with their laptop webcam. If you are one of these users, check this guide as it will manage your camera to work smoothly.
Do you wish to record yourself at higher resolutions to get the best quality and image clarity possible? Thankfully, you can do that.
If your PC doesn’t have an integrated webcam, take a look at our list with the best 4k webcams available right now.
Don’t hesitate to leave any other questions in the comment section below if you want to know more about the subject.
Frequently Asked Questions
Open Privacy settings and select the Camera from the left menu. We have a complete guide to help you with the whole process.
First, check your antivirus settings, then verify if the camera is plugged in and detected by your computer. If the problem persists, check our expert guide to fix webcam issues.
Open Control Panel, go to Hardware, and select your internal webcam. Now modify the visual settings for your broadcast prom Properties. Here’s a detailed guide on how to test your webcam online.