- AdBlock is great for blocking ads on websites. However, AdBlock users can't view websites that ask them to disable that extension.
- This article tells you how you can disable AdBlock when you need to.
- Our Browsers hub includes a plethora of other articles for various web browsers.
- Explore our thorough Web & Cloud section for other articles related to this subject.
AdBlock is one of the best ad-blocking extensions for Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, but also works with other browsers.
Sometimes you might need to disable AdBlock to view websites that ask you to turn off your adblocker. Another option is to make Adblock undetectable.
In this guide we will explore the processes of disabling the Adblock extension in the browsers mentioned above, so make sure to keep reading.
How can I disable AdBlock in my browser?
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome button at the top right of that browser’s window.
- Select the More tools submenu.
- Click Extensions to open the tab shown directly below.
- Click the blue toggle switch at the bottom right corner of the AdBlock extension box to turn it off.
- If you don’t want AdBlock anymore, press the Remove button to delete it.
- Click the browser’s Open menu button.
- Click Add-ons to open the Add-ons Manager for that browser.
- Then click the blue toggle switch for AdBlock to disable that add-on.
- To uninstall AdBlock, click the button shown in the shot directly below.
- Then select the Remove option.
- Click the Settings and more button at the top right of that browser’s window.
- Then click Extensions to open the tab in the shot directly below.
- If you have lots of Edge extensions, it might help to enter AdBlock in the search box.
- Click the toggle switch button at the far right of the AdBlock box to turn off the extension.
- You can also click Remove to disable Adblock by uninstalling it.
- Right-click the AdBlock icon on your browser’s toolbar to open its context menu.
- Then select the Pause on all sites option. Thereafter, you’ll see a green AdBlock icon on the toolbar as shown in the shot directly below.
- Alternatively, you can select a Pause on this site option to disable AdBlock for just the website open in your browser.
- To block ads on pages again, right-click AdBlock’s toolbar icon and select the Resume blocking ads option.
So, you can turn off AdBlock via the extension tabs in Firefox, Edge, and Google Chrome or with its Pause on options. Then you’ll be able to view websites that have anti-ad blocker scripts in those browsers again.