- Twitch the go-to streaming platform for more than 15 million users.
- If you want to watch really entertaining gameplay footage, Twitch is the right place for you.
- To read more about bypassing browser issues, and more, check out our dedicated Browsers Hub.
- Avid gamers that love Twitch streams should also visit our website's Game Streaming Hub as well.
Many Windows 10 users reported getting ads on Twitch with Adblock. This is an unusual problem, but in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it with ease.
The following solutions are also helpful if you encounter the following issues:
- Adblock not working on Twitch
What do I do if Twitch ads keep showing up?
1. Try a different browser
One way to deal with this issue is to try out a different browser. Unlike many other browsers on the market, Opera GX comes with a built-in ad-blocker, so it will block all ads, even the ones of Twitch.
We should mention that this browser is built on Chromium, so all extensions that you use in Chrome will work in Opera GX as well. In addition, there’s a malware scanner so you’ll be warned if you visit a malicious website or if you download a malicious file.
If you’re looking for a browser that is focused heavily on making your life as a gamer and a fan of streaming a whole lost easier, then Opera GX is the web browser for you.
Opera GXEnjoy viewing your favorite Twitch streams without any of the ads with the help of the world's first and best web browser for gamers.
2. Change advanced settings in Chrome
- Open Chrome and in the address bar enter this line:
- Set Enable network service to Disabled and save changes.
- Restart Chrome and check if the problem is resolved.
3. Make sure that your Adblock extension is up to date
- If this error started appearing recently, be sure to update your Adblock extension.
- Once the app is updated, restart your browser and check if the problem is still there.
4. Try Alternate Player for Twitch.tv
- If you have problems with ads on Twitch, try using Alternate Player for Twitch.tv extension.
- Download the extension from the following links:
There you go, four simple solutions that might help you if you’re still getting ads on Twitch. If you found our solutions helpful, let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Twitch introduced ads as a means to further support the video creators who make Twitch possible. By running ads, streamers can get additional financial support from their viewers and fans so that they may dedicate more time to building their Twitch channels and improve the quality of their broadcasts.
Not all Twitch subscribers get to enjoy an ad-free Twitch experience. Twitch Prime subscriptions do not remove ads. An ad-free viewing experience is available by subscribing to Twitch Turb
Twitch ads are tailored to each user based on user interests and location. Twitch streamers can control only when and how long midroll ads will be. Streamers don’t control pre-roll ads nor their content.