How to make Adblock undetectable [Full Guide]
- A lot of users utilize Adblock to open remove ads from website pages. However, users can’t view websites that detect Adblock unless they whitelist them.
- This article tells you how users can make Adblock undetectable to sites that include anti-adblocking scripts.
- You can browse through a multitude of other how-to guides at our Software section.
- To check out more interesting articles on this topic, open our Browsers Hub.
Adblock is an adblocking extension for Google Chrome (and other Chromium browsers) and Mozilla Firefox that can effectively speed up your browsing as it removes ads from website pages.
In the case of some websites, they use anti-adblocking scripts that detect Adblock (and other ad blockers). This doesn’t allow you to use the extension as it was intended.
Those websites will display messages requesting that you whitelist them to unblock their ads, and for this reason, it is very important to know how to make your adblocker undetectable.
In today’s guide we will explore the best options to use in this case, so make sure that you’ll read through it.
How can I make Adblock undetectable?
- Click the padlock icon on the left side of Chrome’s URL bar.
- Next, click Site settings to open the options shown directly below.
- Enter about:config in Firefox’s URL bar, and press the Return key.
- Click the Accept button.
- Then restart Mozilla Firefox, and try opening a page that detected Adblock.
2. Add Tampermonkey to your browser
- Open the Tapermonkey website.
- Select your browser’s tab on the Tampermonkey website.
- Click the Download button for the Tampermonkey stable.
- Install Tampermonkey by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Anti-Adblock Killer script page.
- Click the Install button there to install that script.
- Press the Subscribe button on the Anti-Adblock Killer page.
- Thereafter, you’ll see a message that asks if you want to add the filter list for your ad blocker extension. Click OK to confirm that you do.
3. Open the cached version of a website
- Open the Google search engine in the browser you utilize Adblock for.
- Enter the URL for the website that detects Adblock in the Google search box.
- Click the down arrow for the URL you see just above the top page listed in Google’s search results. That down arrow will open the small drop-down menu shown directly below.
- Then click the Cached option there to open a cached version of the website instead.
4. Use a browser with privacy-oriented features
Switching to a browser with a suite of features designed to secure your privacy while you navigate online is another viable option.
UR Browser is a service that provides you with three levels of privacy and you can customize the settings to ensure the websites will load the way you want. In this way, you’ll access the pages faster, without ads or any pop-up messages related to them, as well as without any trackers or cookies that affect their loading speed.
Those are some of the best methods for making Adblock, and other ad-blocker extensions, undetectable. Then you’ll be able to bypass websites’ whitelist messages to open their pages without any ads.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
Some driver-related issues can be solved faster by using a dedicated tool. If you're still having problems with your drivers, just download DriverFix and get it up and running in a few clicks. After that, let it take over and fix all of your errors in no time!