Add error bars in Google Sheets within seconds with this guide
If you’ve ever wondered how to add error bars in Google Sheets, you came to the right place.
Just like in Microsoft Excel, Sheets also allows you to display error bars inside a document. The errors bars are graphical representations of the different data introduced in the software.
This option allows you to see an objective representation of your data in order to observe any differences in measurements.
In this article, we will explore the best way to add error bars inside your Google Sheets documents. Read on to find out more.
How can I add error bars in Google Sheets?
Create a graph and check the Error bars option
- Check to see if you have the correct data inserted inside your Sheets document.
- If the data is correct, select a blank cell and click on the button Insert chart found at the top-right corner of your Sheets window.
- A new pop-up will appear on the screen without any values being selected.
- Click the X-axis of your document and then select the cells you want to use for the X-axis -> press Ok.
- Click on Series -> click the icon -> select the cell (do this for all the series you want to use in your error bars).
- Sheets will automatically assign different colors to the specific values you entered (if there aren’t any different colors then it means that your data is not inserted correctly).
- Select the Customize tab -> expand series -> tick the box next to the Error bars option -> choose a percentage or exact value from the drop-down menu.
- After this process is completed -> save your document.
- If you expand your graph you will now be able to see the error bars represented.
In today’s how to article we discussed the best way to add error bars inside your Google Sheets documents. This option will enable you to observe any differences in values visually, represented as a graph.
We hope this guide helped you understand how to add these important elements to your documents.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped with a clear answer, by using the comment section found below.
- 3 ways to create awesome borders on Google Docs
- My printer cannot print Excel files [GUARANTEED FIX]
- Google announces MS Office file format support for G Suite
Browsers are essential tools for surfing the Internet. Also, the interface of any browser is crucial for providing a user-friendly experience. However, this feature is […]
While using the Power Bi desktop app you may face some issues with your data and file. One such error is related to Power Bi […]
The built-in Windows Photos app allows you to edit photos as well as play videos of multiple formats apart from viewing images. Sometime, the app […]