Adobe Creative Cloud Issues in Windows 10 [FIX]
Adobe software is used by millions of users, and it’s also expensive software. It’s common to be concerned if you have issues with Adobe Creative Cloud products on Windows 10.
Users report that after installing Adobe Creative Cloud, many core applications such as Photoshop for example don’t load, or load but don’t work well.
As you can imagine, this is a big problem especially if you’re using Adobe software professionally. If you’re having these issues there’s no need to worry, because we have a few solutions that can help you.
Steps to solve problems with Adobe Creative Cloud products:
- Make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date
- Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Upgrade your Creative Cloud desktop app to the latest version
- Delete the OOBE folder
Solution 1 – Make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date
Users confirm that issues with Adobe Creative Cloud are usually resolved after updating Windows 10 to the latest version.
Microsoft is aware of this issue, and it’s working hard to fix any incompatibility issues that you might have with Adobe software, so the first step is to update your Windows 10 to the latest version.
Solution 2 – Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
If your application still cannot start, you might need to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Adobe applications rely heavily on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable so you will have to install it.
According to Microsoft, Adobe applications require Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 and you can download it from Microsoft’s website for free.
Just make sure that you download and install both x86 and x64 versions if you’re using 64-bit operating system. As for the download link, you can download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 from here.
In addition, you can try downloading Visual Studio 2013 as well. Here’s the link for all available versions of Visual Studio Redistributable.
Just remember to restart your computer after you’ve installed Visual Studio Redistributable so the changes can be applied.
Solution 3 – Upgrade your Creative Cloud desktop app to the latest version
Usually, upgrading to the latest version resolves the issue and it’s fairly simple to do. Before you begin the process, check your version of Creative Cloud:
- In the Creative Cloud desktop app, click the 3 dots in the upper-right corner.
- Go to Preferences.
- In the General tab, click Account and there you will find your version.
If you need to upgrade, follow the steps:
- Close the Creative Cloud desktop app.
- Go to this link and download the latest version. After the download has finished, install it and you’re good to go.
Solution 4 – Delete the OOBE folder
First, you will need to locate the AppData folder, which by default is hidden. To find the folder, follow the steps:
- In the Search bar type Control Panel. Click on the result.
- In Control Panel, go to Appearance and Personalization.
- Under File Explorer Options click on Show hidden files and folders.
- In the list that appears, check Show hidden files, folders, and drives and then click Apply.
Now you need to delete the contents of the OOBE folder:
- Close Creative Cloud desktop app.
- Go to C:Users<user folder>AppDataLocalAdobeOOBE
- Delete all the files in the OOBE folder.
- Restart the computer and then the Creative Cloud app.
Because the content in the OOBE folder will be rebuilt, you will have to wait a little longer than usual for the app to load. Don’t panic, just leave the app to do it’s thing for a few minutes.
As you can see, fixing these issues is relatively easy. You just need to keep your Windows 10 up to date, your app up to date, and to have Visual Studio installed.
If you have any more questions or concerns about the Adobe Creative Cloud, feel free to share them in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2015 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness
Windows 10 is an amazing platform, but sometimes you won’t be able to access certain files due to PC has blocked access to this file error. […]
Being one of the most popular brands of embroidery machines on the market, Brother is an incredibly user-friendly machine that can give you the possibility […]
For the proper functioning of the audio and speakers of your computer, Windows requires Sound Drivers. While the Sound Drivers are generally unaffected by anything, […]