A wide range of users have reported encountering issues when trying to use presets for scanning files with Acrobat DC and their scanner hardware. In some cases, the program freezes on one screen while loading the preset. In other cases, it automatically goes back to the default option, after the preset has been selected.
This can be extremely frustrating, as you can’t take advantage fully of the services offered by Adobe Acrobat DC. This problem can cause even more stress if you need to scan and process a large batch of files.
For these reasons, in this article, we will explore some of the best troubleshooting methods to try and solve this issue. Please follow the steps provided in this guide carefully in order to avoid causing any other issues.
What can I do if Adobe scanner does not support presets?
1. Check if the scanner works properly in other software
- In order to check if the issue is coming from your scanner hardware, try scanning your document using another application from your PC (like Microsoft Word).
- If the issue persists, you will need to contact the manufacturer of the scanner device and ask them for help.
2. Install the latest driver version for your scanner
- Visit the scanner manufacturer website and download the latest driver.
- Navigate to Windows (or Winnt) folder on your PC, and delete all files that contain ‘twain’ in their name (ex. twain_32.dll).
- Restart your PC.
- Install the latest scanner driver version by following the on-screen instructions.
You can also automatically download the latest drivers for your scanner and other hardware by using third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater.
3. Restart your PC after disabling all startup items
- Close all running applications.
- Press ‘Win + R’ keys on your keyboard -> type ‘msconfig’ (without quotes) -> press Enter.
- Inside the newly opened window, select the ‘Startup’ tab ->select ‘Open Task Manager’ -> Disable all startup apps.
- Click ‘Ok’ and restart Windows.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
Note: Follow the steps from method 3 and enable all start-up options to restore the Startup applications to normal mode.
In this article, we explored some of the best troubleshooting methods to try and solve the issue caused by Adobe presets not working properly in Adobe Acrobat.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue by using the comment section below.
- Adobe Premiere does not export video? Here’s how to fix it
- Here’s how to fix Adobe Premiere Pro could not find message
- Black Friday deals from Adobe for all the photography aficionados out there