- Amazon Appstore has been very popular on Windows 11 but several users reported that it's not working.
- It's generally due to problems with the files, or if the critical features are not enabled.
- To fix the issue, enable the Virtual Machine Platform. Also, try the other effective methods here.
Introducing the ability to run Android apps in the latest iteration was supposed to be one of the USPs. But when it comes to implementation, things do not seem too good. Several users have reported that the Amazon Appstore is not working in Windows 11.
First, there are several criteria that, at present, eliminate a large number of Windows 11 users from running the Amazon Appstore.
Secondly, even those who somehow manage to meet the criteria face issues with the WSA (Windows Subsystem for Android). Also, many try to bypass the requirements which too could sometimes lead to problems.
Since it’s a new feature you are bound to encounter issues and things should be polished after a couple of updates. In case the Amazon Appstore is not working in your Windows 11, here’s how you can fix it.
What do I do if the Amazon Appstore is not working in Windows 11?
1. Verify that you are not using the Hyper-V virtual machine
Several users encountered the issue while running the latest iteration on a Virtual machine. This is primarily because some VMs, for instance, Hyper-V, emulate the disk as HDD while the requirements to run the Amazon Appstore in Windows 11 include SDD as the storage type.
2. Enable Virtual Machine Platform in Windows
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Turn Windows features on or off in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Tick the checkbox for Virtual Machine Platform, and click OK.
Once the required files are downloaded, restart the computer for the changes to come into effect.
3. Manually download and install Windows Subsystem for Android
- Open any reliable web browser, go to the Online link generator for Microsoft Store, click on the dropdown menu on the left, and select ProductId from the list of options.
- Now, type/paste the 9P3395VX91NR in the text field, and click on the Tick icon.
- Locate the file with msixbundle extension, right-click on it and select Save link as from the context menu.
- Choose the download location for it, and click on Save.
- Now, right-click on the file, and select Copy as path from the context menu.
- Next, press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Terminal in the text field, right-click on the relevant search result, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Click Yes in the UAC (User Account Control) prompt that pops up.
- Paste the following command in PowerShell, replace <path> with the one you copied earlier and hit Enter.
Add-AppxPackage -Path <path>
- Now, wait for the installation to complete.
Once done, the Amazon Appstore in Windows not working issue should be fixed. If it persists, head to the next method.
4. Change the location to the US
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings app, and select Date & time from the tabs listed in the navigation pane on the left.
- Click on Language & region on the right.
- Now, click on the dropdown menu next to Country & region.
- Select the United States from the list of options.
The Amazon Appstore is only available in the United States at the moment, and if you have installed it in a different region, there is a slight chance of encountering issues. And, changing the location should eliminate that.
You can also use a VPN to change location information. We recommend you tunnel your data with a fast-paced service like Private Internet Access which has a large US server base.
That’s it! These are all the ways you can fix the Amazon Appstore not working on Windows 11 computers, and the problem should have been resolved by now.
Also, find out how to effectively install the Amazon Appstore in Windows 11 outside the US.
Tell us which fix worked and your review of the Amazon Appstore, in the comments section below.