- The Amazon Appstore allows you to run Android apps on your Windows 11 PC but it's only available for the U.S.
- Changing your computer's Country and Region settings will help you install it.
- The whole procedure involves additional changes to your PC, but our step-by-step guide provides all the information needed.
For many of us, the ability to run smartphone apps on a computer has been a long-held dream, and the option to install Amazon Appstore on Windows 11 has made that dream come true.
In the meantime, you might be wondering what it has to do with Amazon Appstore. This service, on the other hand, allows you to install Android apps on Windows 11.
However, this feature is currently only available in the United States, but with this guide, you will be able to use it even if you are not in the U.S.A.
Before we go into how to install Amazon Appstore, don’t hesitate to check out the app’s requirements. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What are the system requirements for installing Amazon Appstore on a PC?
One of the main reasons for installing the Amazon Appstore is to run Android apps. To be able to do this, your computer must meet the following requirements:
- Windows 11
- At least 8 GB of RAM
- Intel Core i3 8th Gen processor, AMD Ryzen 3000, or Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Sign up for the Windows Insider Beta Channel
- Enabled Virtualization feature
- Country & Region: U.S.
Adding the Amazon App Store and (subsequently running Android apps) is not an easy process, and there are a few changes you need to make.
Once you’ve done that, you can easily add the store to your Windows 11 computer to install Android apps.
If you’re wondering which apps are available in the Amazon Appstore, you can rest assured that the most popular Android apps are also available on Windows 11.
How do I install Amazon Appstore on Windows 11 outside U.S.?
1. Join the Windows Insider Program
- To get to Settings, first hit the Windows + I key combination.
- Select Windows Update from the left pane, and then Windows Insider Program from the right pane.
- Choose Get Started in the next window.
- After that, select Link an account. You must register if you do not already have one.
- Select Beta Channel and then the Continue option after logging in.
- To finish the process of joining the Windows Insider Program, click Restart now in the next step.
The Amazon Appstore is currently only available to Windows Insider beta users. As a result, if you want to install this app store on your computer and use its features, you must register in the beta channel.
2. Enable Virtualization
- First, open Start menu then search for Turn Windows features on or off and hit Enter.
- In this section, enable the Virtual Machine Platform feature and then click OK.
- Next, Restart your computer.
By following these steps, the Virtual Machine Platform lets you create or run virtual machines on your Windows operating system.
3. Change the region to United States
- Using the Windows + I key combination, go to Settings.
- From the left panel, choose Time & language, then Language & region from the right menu.
- Select the United States from the drop-down menu by clicking on Country & Region option.
- Now restart your computer to apply the changes.
As mentioned earlier, this app is only available for devices in the United States. As a result, you must change the region of your computer to the United States.
After changing your computer’s location, it’s time to change your IP address as well, as failing to do so would prevent you from creating a U.S based Amazon account.
For this, we recommend PIA (Private Internet Access), a secure and user-friendly VPN. It’s as simple as downloading their app and purchasing a subscription, then you’re good to go with an unrestricted internet connection.
Aside from the ability to access the Internet without restriction, it offers MACE features that are capable of blocking advertisements, trackers, and dangerous websites at the DNS level.
Furthermore, PIA encrypts your data using trusted, open-source VPN protocols such as OpenVPN and WireGuard to keep it safe.
4. Install the Windows Subsystem for Android with Amazon Appstore
- Go to the Windows Subsystem for Android with Amazon Appstore page on Microsoft Store and click on the Get button.
- Select Open Microsoft Store from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Click the Install button under Windows Subsystem for Android with Amazon Appstore in the Microsoft Store.
- To download and install it, follow the on-screen instructions.
It is critical to have Windows Subsystem for Android installed on your Windows 11 computer in order to run Android apps available in Amazon Appstore.
Unfortunately, for some users, WSA is not working on Windows 11, but you can still enjoy Android games by using a dedicated emulator like LD Player.
There are many Android emulators out there but this one will definitely improve your gaming experience and allows you to open more games simultaneously.
5. Install Amazon Appstore
- You’ll be prompted to Open the Amazon Appstore after downloading the Windows Subsystem for Android and Amazon Appstore. Click on it.
- Select United States then click Continue.
- Sign in if you already have an Amazon account; if not, choose Create a new Amazon account.
- You can now install Android apps on your Windows 11 computer.
You can use the search bar at the top to search for your favorite apps. Then, to download the apps, simply click the Get button under them.
Is there a parental control feature in the Amazon Appstore?
Amazon, like all other app stores, has parental controls. When this feature is activated, you will be needed to enter your Amazon password or a pin to purchase in-app items.
By installing the Amazon Appstore on your computer, you can run Android apps on Windows 11.
If this feature isn’t what you expected and you’re comfortable with your Android device’s apps, you can uninstall the Android App installer.
This feature gives you many capabilities, and you may install your favorite apps on your computer simply by clicking the Get button under the app’s name.
For those of you who are interested in learning how to open APK files, refer to our article.
Amazon Coins can be used to buy eligible apps, games, and in-app purchases from the Amazon Appstore. These coins are virtual currency with a value of $0.01 per coin.
Read this guide if you want to install Android games on your Windows 11 computer. Also, let us know in the comments section below which app are you going to get first?
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.