Apex Legends DirectX error can prevent you from starting the game, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix this problem once and for all.
The game has been out for a while now, and EA’s new battle royale game has become a little phenomenon in its own right with 50 million players in its first month. That’s something to write home about.
Have you been the jumpmaster for 5 times in a row, and you’ve unlocked a new achievement? Or have you reached level 50, and now you’re The player? With thousands of players logged into EA’s servers, errors are bound to happen once in a while.
With users encountering DirectX errors recently, this issue became the focal point on Reddit threads.
Hey guys, I’ve tried installing Apex Legends like 4 times now and each time it’s gotten to the 39% mark ‘Playable Now’ an error pops up saying “Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (4294967287).”
I’ve tried installing the DirectX manually from the Apex folder as admin and without firewall and its done nothing. Anyone else having this problem or know a fix? If I click OK the download just freezes at 0bytes/second and I’m forced to manual delete the game folder and re-sign into origin.
How can I fix Apex Legends DirectX error?
- DirectX .cab file removal
- Apply a Patch Update
- Turn off your firewall
- Run CCleaner
- Update your graphics driver
- Uninstall Origin
1. Directx .cab file removal
There are workarounds to issues that have been impacting the player base. On this note, we’re gonna team up and be your squad-mates. So let’s get to fixing, so you can stay on track to being legendary.
- Go to C:Program Files (x86)Origin GamesApex__Installerdirectxredist.
- Sort this folder by name to aid you.
- Delete all files EXCEPT, DSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll, DXSETUP.EXE and any .cab file with 2010 contained in the name;
- Right-click on DXSETUP.exe and run it with Administrator rights, the installation should work.
- Re-launch your game, and you’re all set.
Alternatively, you can delete all files except DSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll, DXSETUP.exe. And now you’re left with only 3 files in your redist folder. Next, proceed with the installation, with the Administrator rights.
2. Apply a Patch Update
If you’re having Apex Legends DirectX error, perhaps you can fix the problem by installing the latest patches. To do that, follow these steps:
- Download this Patch Update.
- Install it to your folder game.
- Login into your game.
3. Turn off your firewall
For some users, this simple solution might work. However, keep in mind that turning off your firewall may not solve Apex Legends DirectX errors for all the gamers out there.
So, here are the steps to follow:
- Launch Control Panel > go to System an Security > Windows Firewall
- On the left hand pane, click “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
- In the new window, you should see two options for private and public network
- Turn your firewall off on both networks and check if the DirectX error persists.
4. Run CCleaner
CCleaner is a very useful tool that allows you to remove any unnecessary files left over from apps and programs that weren’t completely installed. Basically, this tool cleans your Windows Registry.
All you need to do is download CCleaner from the official website, install it on your PC and run it.
5. Update your graphics driver
Another common cause for DirectX errors are outdated graphics drivers. Make sure you installed the latest GPU drivers for Apex Legends. Go to your GPU manufacturer’s official website and download the available graphics driver updates.
6. Uninstall Origin
If nothing worked so far, maybe it’s time to simply uninstall Origin. Usually, this is a last resort solution but it may help you to solve this problem. So, go ahead and remove Origin from your computer, run CCleaner and then reinstall Origin.
Check if this method solved the problem.
What issues have you experienced while fighting alongside your team-mates? Let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix common Apex Legends bugs on PC
- 10 Best overclocking software for Windows 10 to use
- 7 best game recording software for low-end PCs