Astroneer’s devs are working full throttle to roll out an important patch that will add some interesting new features to the game. The new features are already available in the patch’s experimental build on Steam. So, if you want to test them out, feel free to enroll in Astroneer’s experimental build program.
New features for Astroneer
Here are the features and improvements included in the upcoming Astroneer update:
- Flora, grass, and small vegetation now optimized to load/offload more intelligently.
- Dynamite is in and can destroy terrain and things under them. E.g. Place them on top of a rover and activate the Dynamite. Boom, no more rover.
- Updated art and effects: Drop ship, Smelter, Trade Module
- Updated launch sequence + effects
- New research items to discover, tweaks to Research gameplay
- New wrecks to discover
- New idle animations.
If you’re curious to see what fun it is to blow things up in Astroneer, check out the video below:
Now, if this video convinced you to join the Astroneer experimental build program, here’s how to do so:
- In your Steam library, right Click on Astroneer
- Go to Properties
- Select the Betas tab
- From the drop down select, “Experimental – Latest untested builds”
- Click Close
- Steam should automatically install that build. Once it’s done, you can run the Experimental build of Astroneer.
Remember, Astroneer now supports cross-platform play between the Xbox One and Windows PC. We’re sure many more new interesting features will arrive in the coming weeks, so keep an eye on System Era Softworks’ blog for more information.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here are a few Astroneer tips and tricks for a better gameplay
- Astroneer system requirements: Check them to prevent technical issues
- Here’s how to change languages in Astroneer
- Here’s how to fix Astroneer 2015 C++ Runtime errors
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.